jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

RESOLVED: All comments and replies are appearing twice.

1. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I am having trouble replying to comment, but when I finally do my post is appearing twice. All new comments appearing on my hubs are duplicate too.

1. bravewarrior profile image95
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I find that quite often lately, John. I simply delete the duplicates, including my own. It's quite annoying. Each respondent can delete their duplicates if they show up immediately. If comments are set to not show until the author approves or denies, it's up to the author to go thru and delete the duplicates.

Also, check for spam. I've had some of my followers comments show up as spam and I don't catch it until I run back thru the thread and mark them at "not spam" and approve them. Tedious, for sure.

Hopefully, admin will see this discussion and fix the bug.

2. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What?!

3. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What?!

4. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It sees to have subsided. Let us know if you are seeing new instances of duplicate comments.

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
        Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are doubling everywhere!  I noticed when I commented somewhere, there were two and I was able to delete one before it became permanent, but on another I did not catch it in time.  So, it would be up to the author of the hub to remove those.  I wonder if it is best to leave them or delete them, for we don't want a lot of deletes showing up on a hub?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So are you seeing it occur right now when you post a comment?

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
            Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

For the past couple of days I have, but since I have been home this evening, they are not doubling.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
            Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Please see my reply also posted below.

3. Jodah profile image87
            Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It seems to be resolved now Matthew.

5. Twilight Lawns profile image87
      Twilight Lawnsposted 2 years ago

Only twice?
      I commented on a comment on my hub today and it duplicated itself to the extent of four. But when I tried to change the comment I had made, so there wouldn't be three deletions showing, it didn't accept my changes, so there are still the three deletions and the original.
      Could be worse, I suppose; Have you ever tried commenting using a Smartphone?
      Aaaarrghhh! It takes minutes for each letter and after working on a simple four or five sentence passage, HubPages closes itself down or just runs away into a corner to hide.
      It took me over half an hour last night to send a message to someone on my hub... and as it was the Divine Nellieanna, I didn't  want it to be rubbish.
      But it was.
      But as you know, Jodah, she is amazing, and didn't complain.
      Ian

6. Rik Ravado profile image90
      Rik Ravadoposted 2 years ago

Seems to be OK now.

7. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I also experienced this problem sometimes. One of my reply to another hubber comment also got doubled. I deleted it soon. But there is still the remark appearing there on my hub mentioning that the author has deleted this comment. It is very awkward to me whenever I see it there even now.
      It is a kind of technical problem. Might be it takes some abnormal time in publishing the comment and meanwhile, we think that it has not got clicked rightly and we click it again. That way it happens.

Closed to reply

working