jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Are my Page views converting into cash?

1. Dwight Phoenix profile image78
    Dwight Phoenixposted 2 years ago

Recently I've been getting a decent increase in page views....but only to realize that my earnings haven't moved for 2 days now.
    And also when I check my traffic sources I realize that it's adding up a different figure than what i see on my stats page....what's happening?

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The in-house stats are essentially cranky bean counters, and give only the barest overview data.

This was done just to give people the basics here, with the intent that users attach Analytics to their accounts to get far superior stats.

As for earnings, that hangs up regularly as admin waits for data from their affiliate programs.  Sadly, once they developed in-house systems users really became data-blind on earnings as there is virtually no breakdown or specifics.

Dwight Phoenixposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So are you saying that sometimes we could be getting the wrong figures on our earning page?

1. Maffew James profile image93
        Maffew Jamesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Earnings are calculated by Google Adsense, Amazon, and Ebay. It's separate to any stats Hubpages shows you and incorrect stats here have no effect on earnings. As soon as the earnings are audited by the respective company, they are set.

Dwight Phoenixposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh well that's good to know. thank you..
          But at least we can now then conclude that the earnings shown on or stats are not always authentic.
          If this is true then wouldn't it make hub pages an even more better place to be if this factor was optimized?

working