Is your traffic getting better by the day?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (42 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Mine is and its awesome... Earnings are great too... sorry I am soo excited.

1. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has been increasing day to day, but it went slightly down yesterday (not much). Prob because of followers etc..

Are you using HP ad program? My earnings are doing good, but my adsense account is embarrassing as ---- lol.

kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No HP ad program here....lol

2. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you still getting 10,00 views? my views have been holding at 2000-2500. My Adsense is back to Pre-Panda this month, double what I earned last month smile

Oh rub it in Richie. lol i dont have nearly as many hubs as you.....

1. Richieb799 profile image75
            Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hehe, its only a handful of hubs getting the earnings, I have a ton that need the summary added..when I get chance!

Yea I have not added all my summerys yet but I did notice when I did there traffic climbed and more than just 1 visitor...

2. kmackey32 profile image65

You should really share your traffic ya know. lol

2. David 470 profile image81

@Richieb799
          I was actually above 10,000 views, but am slightly below it now. My account stats differ from the stats at the top of my page, which say 7000.

My understanding is that this is because the 7000 views are 60% of my impression share? Or it is a delay like a staff member told me.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The stat page is pretty much up to date.  The graph on your profile seems to lag several days.  The numbers in google adsense are indeed your 60% share of the impressions.

Yes, I figured the stats delayed. The account numbers are accurate then. I have a feeling the hurricane is taking away some of my traffic because of power outages.

I just hope my traffic stays steady, I am quite paranoid  neutral Google seems to be unpredictable.

One of my hubs just reached 100,000 views -- one that was published in November 2010. That hub maintained quite a lot of views per day even after panda - not as many - but still 30-50%.

Hopefully, my other hubs will fare similar how that performed even when crippled by Google LOL! cool

Paranoid?  Paranoid?!!  Why on earth would any hubber be paranoid about google traffic?

You worry me now.  I haven't seen any drop, except for a little over the weekend, and I always get that.  Today set another record for both 24 hour and one day views in fact. 

But now you report a drop - am I next?  Paranoia indeed!

Sorry to set in worry lol tongue

But I believe there are too many variables to pick out increases and decreases in traffic.

A lot of people went back to school today, which means less internet users online. The hurricane is another factor. And various other variables..

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm back to pre-panda levels both in terms of traffic and earnings. What is more exciting for me though is that pre-panda I had a couple of very active niches (about 15 hubs) that brought in probably 90% of the traffic at my highest level.

Those niches (together with my latest niche) now pull in about 40% of my traffic - so the biggest gain has been in my 'bog standard' hubs!

3. Cogerson profile image78
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would say my traffic has gone up about 50% on days I have no new hubs....in numbers it looks like 200 before and now right around 300 a day.....and when I publish a new hub I am reaching between 500 and 600 hits a day.

Hmm, I guess I should try to publish a new hub.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know, hunh!???
          What a simple yet brilliant idea!
          I think I'll do the same!! smile

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wrote one last night!

2. iQwest profile image48
    iQwestposted 12 years ago

My traffic was solid to slightly improved after the sub-domain switch.  Then, my traffic began to gradually slip and fell to about 50% of the new levels I had seen after the sub-domain switch.

Then, on August 15, 2011, my traffic fell off the cliff even more (another 50% drop).  From that point pushing forward, my traffic has been steady, but at drastically low levels I have never seen except when I first started writing on HubPages in January with a limited amount of Hubs.

Long story short, this is the worst my Hubs have ever performed!

3. iQwest profile image48
    iQwestposted 12 years ago

As one more point of reference, back on March 22, 2011, according to Google Analytics, I received the most page-views I've ever received through my HubPages account - 701.

By the end of March 2011, pushing into May, my traffic slipped down to roughly 50 page-views per day.

After the sub-domain switch, my traffic spiked back up to a height of 232 page-views on July 26, 2011.  And now, I'm down to 30-40 page-views per day.

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

In the last week or so I have been experiencing higher traffic than usual. Even better than pre-Panda. And much of it is coming from Google. But for some reason there is no AdSense income from HubPages. AdSense shows page views, but no clicks. I also use AdSense on my business site and it's bringing in some nice income there. Strange.

If you have enabled HPads then that is probably the reason for low numbers of clicks on adsense - most of the adsense ads are replaced by HPads.

You can turn off HPads and see what happens - a very few hubbers have reported better income without them.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know SOME AdSense ads are replaced by HP ads. I do see a good number of AdSense views as I mentioned. Just no clicks on them. I plan to turn it off HP Ads just after I get my first payment. If I turn it off sooner I won't get what accumulated so far.

If there is even one adsense ad on the hub (and there always is, whether HPads in enabled or not) you will get a view.  And if indeed there is just one adsense ad the odds of a reader clicking it aren't very high.

A side note - if you turn of HPads you will keep the money earned.  You just won't get paid until you turn it back on and accumulate enough (with what you already have) to reach the $50 payout.  You won't lose what you've earned.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
            Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm way ahead of you. smile  My thinking is that once I turn off HP ads I won't turn it on again for the reason you just stated. I expect once I have only AdSense, it will improve beyond the HP ads. So I'm going to wait it out to get the HP payment. But thanks for the clear explanation. This is good for anyone who may not know the details.

You may indeed make more with only Adsense.  Probably not - the large majority have reported earning more with HPads enabled, but it might work.  It's worth a trial period at least.

5. anujagarwal profile image56
    anujagarwalposted 12 years ago

Traffic has certainly increased, I mean it is almost double than pre-panda levels. Though, earnings are not as high as could have been. But, at least my hubs are now visible and getting continuous traffic.

6. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 12 years ago

I'm on a very small scale, but traffic levels have definitely shot up over the last five days or so.  Still not much, but it's nice to see it.

7. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

My page views have doubled in the last few days, to even double Pre-Panda days. My earnings have also doubled to better than Pre-Panda. About 3,000 plus page views per day and $15.00 a day between adsense and HP ads. Something good has clicked in for me and I love it!! Hope it stays this way!

Right after the Panda hit my page views had sank to about 800 views per day, so this is a significant increase.

$15.00 is about how much I am making at this rate, but my CPM is not that great. My traffic is great, but if the CPM was better, $28.00 a day would be possible or more.

8. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 12 years ago

Everything is way better!  I will make about 4X this month what I made in Google last month.  YAY!

9. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

My traffic has grown considerably..  I thought I was doing good before Panda, but my numbers are nearly triple what they were pre-Panda - which is great!  I did have a slight "dip" over the weekend, but I figure that's just because of the hurricane and the weekend.. but still higher than ever.

10. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

I need $6 bucks to reach payout by the end of the month. At this rate it is possable. I wouldnt have said that a few months ago though. Fingers are crossed.

11. leahlefler profile image96
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

I just reached payout levels (barely) for Adsense for the first time ever - my earnings are way up (and I have the HP program enabled). Both HP and Adsense are doing really well this month - I hope this traffic increase sticks around for the long haul. This is a very happy month! smile

12. Howard S. profile image90
    Howard S.posted 12 years ago

Well, I'm definitely doing something different, and it's not just that most of you have more hubs and tenure than I. Perhaps it's that I have no backlinking. I'd barely begun when Panda struck. Since then, however, traffic has been flat or continuing to taper off (except for an odd spike last week when Fbook picked up one hub for a day--I even beat $0.20 three days in a row). An average of 8 page views per day for 53 hubs all together is lousy! My wife is getting 8 times my traffic and hers goes up and down consistent with your experiences.

13. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I'm doing better as well.  Although...I just noticed that I've gotten 666 views from google dot com today.  How appropriate is that?

14. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 12 years ago

Yeah, whatever HP is continuing to do, it's working great.  I'm at 5 times my post panda traffic levels.  I started a pretty aggressive link building campaign once the subdomain switch happened though.  That probably accounts for a lot of it.

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You need to be careful with 'aggressive' link building campaigns. Google really does slap penalties on people for excessive linking practices.

Also, my traffic is far higher than it ever was pre-panda or post panda and I almost never backlink.

15. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 12 years ago

My traffic and earning have been amazing... topping pre panda levels.

16. dahoglund profile image70
    dahoglundposted 12 years ago

mine has been down to where it was when I first started writing on hubpages.

17. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

My traffic is now on an upward curve (since something like Thursday last week), like it is taking up where it left off pre-Panda. It is the highest it has ever been. Yey!

18. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Mine has improved but nowhere near pre-Panda levels yet. I am up a solid 25% overall and holding. Traffic doubled over the last week to 3/4 of pre-Panda, and clicks are improving also - will see if that continues - we live in hope big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)