jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Top 5 Free Web Design Tools for Beginners

1. Roymiller1 profile image41
    Roymiller1posted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Top 5 Free Web Design Tools for Beginners (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. galleryofgrace profile image83
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The content looks good but if "Design Hill" is your website it will probably be flagged fro self-promotion.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Some of the images are pixelated.

3. Marketing Merit profile image96
    Marketing Meritposted 2 years ago

The hub ends abruptly with no conclusion. It would also be more appropriate to provide links to the free design tools listed, instead of promoting the designhill website.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Or to promote a range of free and paid, so your promo link is not so obvious

5. Roymiller1 profile image41
    Roymiller1posted 2 years ago

hi guys,

Thank you for taking out time and providing me with your valuable feedback. Your feedback will definitely help me make my writing shaper and focused.

@Marketing Merit: Thank you for your comment. I have included the mentioned link for a simple reason that this particular link leads you to a blog page where you will find more freely available online tools and their respective links.

@psycheskinner : Thanks for your comment. Since, the platform did not allow me to insert links for all these tools, I have included a blog post link where you will find respective link for all these tools along with many other free tools. 

@galleryofgrace: Thanks for your comment. The link that we are referring is actually intended to help readers easily navigate to a blog post page where respective links for the mentioned tools are available with information and links of many other such tools. so, the link was intended not for self-promotion but for resource awareness.

Thanks again for your comments and feedback!

Regards,
    Roy Miller

6. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

The information is good, but as others have stated some of the images are a bit pixelated and the abrupt ending with no conclusion.  Also, some word usage and grammar could be tightened up a bit.

For example here is a passage you wrote

"Irrespective of whether you are designing your website from a template or just coding the web essentials from scratches, you may need to make some major changes in your end-product. And, it is where the amazing Firebug tool comes in handy."

Here is how it can be polished a bit :

Whether you are designing your website from a template or coding from scratch; you may need to make some major changes in your end-product. This is where the amazing Firebug tool comes in handy. 

I got rid of extra words that added no value and tightened it up a bit.  Also, now you need to explain what specifically makes Firebug the most "amazing tool" to do this? I see you're making recommendations which is nice, but you need to list the problems and then how your recommended products actually solve those problems for the user - and why they are the best choice.

working