jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Unfeatured for Traffic - Would Like Some Insight on This

1. Virginia Allain profile image75
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

Quite a few of my hubs switched to unfeatured due to traffic recently, but I'm puzzled as some have traffic numbers that seem reasonable to me.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12312790.png

When it considers a hub to have low traffic, is it looking at 7 days or 30 days? You'll see some of mine have several hundred visitors, one with almost a thousand, in 30 days. That seems like enough to keep it featured.

The total visits (column labeled "Ever") are for 7 months and these hubs have shown good traffic over that time.

This makes me wonder if there are other factors than just the sheer number of visitors. Could it be where the visitors originate? Are some visits (from Pinterest, Facebook) deemed less important than ones sent by Google?

Please share your insights and thoughts on hubs with decent traffic being unfeatured for "Traffic."

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not all traffic is equal!    What counts is traffic from the search engines.  If the traffic to those Hubs is from other Hubbers or Facebook or referred from another site, that could be the reason.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that seems like pretty good traffic to me. It's gotta be the Hubber score. I have hubs with way lower traffic than that, and they stay featured.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

If you hubberscore goes down you need higher traffic to stay featured.

1. Engelta profile image75
      Engeltaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

How low does it have to go, in order to become unfeatured? Because I have hubs that are lower than the ones unfeatured, and they are still featured! :S

3. colorfulone profile image90
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago
    1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't see this in the post you linked to.  What am I missing?

1. colorfulone profile image90
        colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hubberscore "determines the amount of traffic Hubs in an account need to stay Featured and the length of time they have to accrue that traffic".

4. Virginia Allain profile image75
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

Thanks, psycheskinner and colorfulone. That must be the problem since my hubber score took a big hit last week. I'm thinking I don't hang out in the forums enough.

5. MariaMontgomery profile image83
    MariaMontgomeryposted 2 years ago

Mine earnings report was 5 days behind, but finally, posted all 5 days today. The earnings were very, very low, but the one for yesterday (while still low) was about 3 times the amount for any other recent day. At least I have some information now.

6. MariaMontgomery profile image83
    MariaMontgomeryposted 2 years ago

Sorry, I just clicked on the wrong reply button. My comment belongs in another forum question.

7. lollyj lm profile image60
    lollyj lmposted 2 years ago

Oh boy.  If your hubs were unfeatured with hundreds of visitors, none of mine should be featured.  I'm scared to go look at them after reading this discussion.  I'm lucky if one person a week looks at any hub of mine.  Thanks for posting this discussion.  I'll follow it in hopes of gleaning helpful info.

8. paradigm search profile image61
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

HP really shouldn't penalize social media traffic. Social media traffic attracts Google's attention, which in turn would generate more Google traffic. Unless, of course, Google finds a great big, fat noindex tag on it...

working