jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Getting traffic from viral marketing

1. Kevar Telfer profile image45
    Kevar Telferposted 2 years ago

How do you structure your marketing in the act of going viral? what are the sites you are using? how much traffic you pulling in? trick in getting extra traffic is to support your fellow brothers with his/her site in order to get great backlinks.
    http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12378236.jpg

1. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

1) create an actual plan, with identifiable trackers and goals
      2) the sites where the audience engages the most with the specific material
      3) you need to learn to gather and track your own metrics so you can judge meaningful growth and response.  You don't get that by comparing end numbers with others.
      4) ummm, you might find you get tricked (aka penalized by Google) for swapping backlinks on irrelevant sites

Kevar Telferposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have done a little research on back links so I understand that google could penalize us for such link. I am more into organic traffic. From my study of the web, if you write blogs that is mostly techno, you may get more views. Otherwise from techno blogs or sites, business blogs and sites rank secongd for me.  What is the best topic every in your opinion?

1. relache profile image90
          relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The topic where the audience actually cares to know or learn who the speaker is and is deeply interested in what they are saying.

I believe that techno topics have the edge

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 2 years ago

"Viral is what happens when you are exceptionally smart, moving, or original. Things spread when they are truly shocking, or amazingly funny. Or even just phenomenally dumb."

from "Viral is an outcome, not a strategy"

That is true, but what about when you have good material that is not getting any view, what you do? sometime we can change it up a little in order to capture audience. Choice play also a major role...........try more targeted market in trying to go viral

2. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for posting that @relache. 

* Aim for Great.
      * Truly shocking.
      * Amazingly funny.

Basically, a creative idea, work, patience, and timing.

working