jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

my hub was unpublished after I removed many amazon links

1. blessedmomto7 profile image80
    blessedmomto7posted 2 years ago

This was a hub I originally wrote for Squidoo.  Since moving to hubpages, I got an email saying it was "spammy."

("It's possible that your Hub is not Featured because it contains spammy elements. Perhaps it was written for a link, or has excessive products capsules or product capsules that are not directly related to the content. Even Hubs that appear to be high quality can be spammy. We recommend that you remove any spammy elements from your Hub.")

I removed most of the amazon modules from my hub, but I did leave 2 of them that were directly related to the content. Now it is unpublished altogether.  Can anyone tell me what I did wrong in this hub?

http://blessedmomto7.hubpages.com/hub/s … arty-ideas

Help.

1. WryLilt profile image84
      WryLiltposted 2 years agoin reply to this

May be worth emailing the Hubpages team and asking. Nothing jumps out at me as spammy, although I can see room for more words to go with the awesome image content you have.

2. colorfulone profile image85
      colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I cannot see any reason why that hub would be unpublished.
      It really is unique and personal.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The main thing that stands out is that you do not have at least 100 words in capsules that show ads.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure it is unpublished? We can click on your link and see that the hub is published and showing ads.

2. blessedmomto7 profile image80
    blessedmomto7posted 2 years ago

Now it says "not featured" for quality on my account page.  Not sure what that means.  Anyone know?

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Have you seen the fairly recent rules about promoting products? Look for the official announcements in the forum and blog post.

I took a look at your hub, and you have two Amazon capsules that are directly related to the content of your hub. They are good.  The one that strikes me is the ebay one.  First, it says "Get a family backyard pool on Ebay!" which is worded in a spammy way. Also, since this hub is not comparing swimming pools and you already have one pool you are selling from Amazon, it really is not necessary. I would delete this capsule.

1. blessedmomto7 profile image80
      blessedmomto7posted 2 years agoin reply to this

okay, thanks.  I will try it and see if that helps.

2. blessedmomto7 profile image80
      blessedmomto7posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I did remove the ebay module and now it is featured!  Thank you for that tip.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Glad it worked.

working