jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

How do I reduce the size of images for hubs.

1. norma-holt profile image72
    norma-holtposted 2 years ago

In my latest hubs I am using images that pixilate badly because they are published larger than the source. How can I reduce the size of the picture in the module. In Squidoo you could add pictures to the sides of modules and they never distorted.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

picmonkey.com is a free photo editing site that has a resizing section for photos.  There also is a section that allows you to sharpen photos.  However, the photos need to be of good quality to start with, or editing them will not work well.

2. norma-holt profile image72

Thanks, but that may not help as the pics are of good quality but the detail was taken from images in rock art, etc. I will try it anyway.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can sharpen the photos with that program and in most cases should not lose details.

3. norma-holt profile image72

Does anyone know how big pics are to be before uploading to hub. I can't find a help section for this and my lens is unpublished because of the disproportionate pixels.

1. norma-holt profile image72
      norma-holtposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not to worry. I figured it out.

2. norma-holt profile image72
      norma-holtposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have worked out how to do it now and I don't need to resize them. My main problem was embedding them in the text and that has now been done as the tool is already there to work with. .

4. Supuni Fernando profile image79
    Supuni Fernandoposted 2 years ago

You could get a free photo editing program and edit the photos and upload them. And there isn't a particular size they take into uploading, but they could be resized a bit if they are too big,

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Matthew said in another thread a few days ago when I asked, that it was unnecessary to resize your images here as they are done automatically on upload..  If the images are pixelated, it is because they are of poor quality not good quality

1. Supuni Fernando profile image79
        Supuni Fernandoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Exactly.

working