jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Request for Comments Section.

1. Keny Luger profile image62
    Keny Lugerposted 8 years ago

Would be great if you could add the option to close comments and show existing.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Keny, I understand about closing comments on a hub, but what do you mean by "show existing?"

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I think he means - if you have a Hub with a Comments capsule which has a number of comments in it.  Then you decide you want to close the Hub to comments. 

If you delete the Comments capsule, you will lose all your existing comments. So is there another way to prevent people posting comments without losing your existing ones?

I haven't tried it so I don't know - I allow comments on all my Hubs.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I like this idea lots. I suggested it a few weeks ago.

2. Keny Luger profile image62
      Keny Lugerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes thats what I mean.

I have a hub where the comments section has gotten so out of control (flaming etc)that I would just prefer to have it closed.

My other options are to delete the comments capsule...i'll lose all the previous comments which wouldn't be good at all. I would never publish a hub without including a comments capsule.

3. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 8 years ago

Call me dense, but why would you want to close a hub to further comments?  How discouraging to new hubbers that join weeks or months later! Comments by new hubbers can revive a "dead" hub.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have hubs where the same question is asked by every new person who leaves a comment. I have more unregistered comments than registered, and those people just don't read the other comments and answers that are above theirs. In my case, I'm just tired of answering the same question over an over again. I'd like to leave the previous comments, and not allow any others.

I was suggested to just deleted repeated questions, but then to me that is rude bc I feel I've disregarded and ignored someone. By not allowing comments, it will force people to read.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I must admit I used to wonder why anyone would publish a Hub and not allow comments.  However, I understand now that occasionally, a Hub will start attracting a lot of hate mail, spammers, or perhaps even a stalker. 

In that situation, I can understand a Hubber wanting to block any further comments but preserve the relevant comments already made.

working