jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Combining hubs into one collective hub

1. peoplepower73 profile image86
    peoplepower73posted 2 years ago

Has anybody had several hubs that cover different facets of the same topic and combined them into one big hub?  I have several hubs that cover different aspects of turmoil and conflicts in the middle east and I would like to combine them into one big hub that covers all the different aspects from beginning to where we are currently.  It would be much like a book with chapters.  Having separate hubs, causes readers to read information out of context, especially when it deals with complex cause and effect issues.

1. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would caution against it. Hubs that are over a certain size might not get the readership you desire.  Although gettting information out of context can be a hazard, I would opt more for the "Part 1, Part 2..." format over book-sized hubs.  Your hubs are complex but easy to understand.  You convey the information in a very readable fashion. I think a max range for quality hubs is between 5000 and 6000 words.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi peoplepower,

Here's a recent HubPages Newsletter that offers advice on when (and how) to split up a Hub vs. when to create one long Hub. Hopefully it will be of some help!

1. peoplepower73 profile image86
        peoplepower73posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Christie for posting the Newsletter.

working