jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Hope I'm Doing This Right.

1. Jacklin Renay profile image60
    Jacklin Renayposted 2 years ago

I am a college student and I really want to earn some extra income to pay for my courses but I'm not sure if this will help me make any money. I love writing and sharing what I have so I thought that this will be a good way. I saw from a website that HubPages will pay us for the article they approved, but now I don't think that's the case, we are more likely to earn from Google Adsense than being paid by HubPages.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome smile No, hubpages does not pay you for writing. You earn money for views your content receives - generally works out to about $4-8 per 1,000 views.

Jacklin Renayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the help! Must I be connected to Google Adsense to get money through views?

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, to earn through Adsense and the HP earnings program, you need an Adsense account. Generally you need a few good quality articles in place before applying.

I find Hubpages is a great place to test content before building websites around it - it's a GREAT place to learn all the ins and outs of online writing before diving in the deep end.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It takes quite a while to start making any money, and it doesn't produce enough to live on, that's for sure.  Some extra pocket change is the best most people can expect.
      That said, it's a fun and friendly site with loads of people always willing to help you improve your writing.
      Welcome, and have fun.

Jacklin Renayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, yea, the Hub community seems really helpful. big_smile

working