OMG!! Something I'm doing is working!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (113 posts)
  1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

HAHAHAHA! lol After three months of standing still at a respectable $0.47 with AdSense earnings, I've done something right!

I made a WHOPPING $2.53 on AdSense JUST today!! Wooot!

I know it might sound incredibly silly, but I am seriously excited...my roommate doesn't get it. Do you??

*dances for joy* lol

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, congratulations.  I do get it.  I went for, I think, about a month before ever seeing (if I remember correctly) 2.83.  For most people (some more than others) it takes some time for your Hubs to be found (and whatever else has to happen).  Too many people get discouraged too soon.  Keep writing.  smile

TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Lisa! It's nice to know I'm not the only silly one! wink Somehow...I don't know...that's a very special $2.53 to me. smile

I agree, people probably give up too soon, but I'm hoping to hang in there and I definitely want to keep writing!

1. Lisa HW profile image60
          Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take a screen shot of it.   smile   It's most likely going to change.

Uh oh...how do I do that?

1. profile image0
              Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a button next to the F12 key that should be labeled "Prt Scrn/Sys Rq" or something similar. Push that button. Open a program like Paint. Go to Edit and click Paste. Then Save it and you can keep that moment forever.

Hey, thanks! I did it! big_smile

1. profile image0
                  Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome smile

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*dances with you* 

congrats!!

Hey, you're a great dancer! wink

Thanks!

3. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am just here writing and getting into the idea of it all - I reckon to get around to the money side at some point - but I can really understand the excitement of it moving forward positively - good on yer ! big_smile  and deserved I must say.

Thank you so much! I'm sure when you *do* get around to looking at monetizing, you'll do a great job!

1. profile image0
          china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you will still be here to help guide me to that first penny big_smile

I missed this...but I certainly hope to be! big_smile All you have to do is ask.

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your fortune is SECURED! 

smile

Grats.  At least you know how to figure out how much you made.

Hey, that's right...or at least I'm going to convince myself of that! Even if it's not true...it IS motivating. smile

5. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!
      Yes, this HubPages thing does have a strange effect on us. When I earned my first 15p, I was so excited that my husband thought I'd won the lottery. I've never seen him look as appalled as he did when it turned out to be 15p on Adsense.

Thanks! LOL...I know exactly the look you're talking about. My roommate gave me the same one!

6. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful!  Congratulations and keep up with the good work!

7. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get it! Weldone Glass Spider! smile

8. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats! everything Ive read is its a "snowball effect" slow to get going, but once you do..keep it up!! It should only get better.

9. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*dances with her* xo

10. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Glass Spider!

11. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sGk3hMblYUg/StYPaA39MnI/AAAAAAAAEsY/k2SzffYXECo/s320/41279.jpeg

woohoo.
      still holding at $0.01 myself.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image60
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats YEHEY, more more more for you!

PDH, you're always such a sweetheart, thank you!

13. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile hooray! good job!

14. Springboard profile image82
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course we get it. smile Seeing any fruits produced from any labor, even if, or maybe ESPECIALLY if, it is produced from a labor of love, bears some level of joy.

2. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Oh, I get it. way to go!
    woo hoooo

I've been standing dead still myself, but yesterday I had a very lovely $1.86 cents smiling back at me from my AdSense earnings page.

Let's make sure we write down what we did, and try to make it happen again lol

Hey, great job!! Congratulations!

Honestly, I'm not really sure what's done it. I did just publish a hub, and I did the best I could with what little I know about keywords....I must've stumbled upon a good one or two, but I don't know which ones they are!! lol

1. wyanjen profile image69
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Last week I went to the Keyword Academy. I've been studying like a fool.
        Well, not so much a fool now that I got a result lol

The reason I'm so geeked about my click is that the hub it came from was the first one that I wrote since I started all my studying. I only published it 4 days ago. big_smile

I'm still a complete newbie with it, but I recommend checking it out. There is a webinar specifically targeted for hubbers. I watched it twice, took notes ( lol ) and wrote a hub. And got a click.

!!yay for us!!!

Hey that's awesome! And it sounds like a great idea. I'm definitely! going to have to check it out.

*scribbles down Keyword Academy...webinar for Hubbers*

Thank you!

*throws confetti*

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

All right GS!!! Oh got another one for you..BATS! I have written a hub on bats...you should do one too with all of the books and things your amazon capsules would be perfect for that hub too big_smile

Hey! There's another great idea to add to the list! *writes furiously*

Thanks CW! I have to give you credit for all your encouragement and help with idea generation! {{HUGS}}

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey I'm just here to keep adding to yur list of things to write big_smile hehehe gotta keep you busy now don't I? HAHAHA I mean yea...lol

4. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, and of course it matters! You have a starting point that you can see. I felt exactly the same! smile

Thanks, Earnest...I swear, I don't think I've been so excited about two and half bucks since I was 5 years old! It's pretty cool! smile

5. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Way to go!!! After 8 months I am up to a whopping $78 on Adsense and finally....this past week had two Amazon orders/delivered and have a $1.43 referral in my account. I am on my way to retireme....oops, well not yet! lol

1. profile image0

lol you'll get there Michael you'll get there after about forty or more years lol keep writing lol

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Holy Crap! yikes That IS awesome! Great job! I have yet to make an Amazon sale, but I'm gonna keep working on it!

*throws confetti for Michael* Keep up the good work!

1. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, thank you, thank you...I would like to thank all of the little people that have been there. I would like to thank the .......yadda, yadda, yadda...

40 years?????? lol

3. wyanjen profile image69

well, I've got a LONG way to go, if I'm going to match you by my 8 month mark! I don't think I'll make it Michael lol
      good for you, I'm happy to see folks having success.

I'm glad you started this up Spider- I've been feeling a little silly myself at how excited I am about my click. I mean, who can I go celebrate with? lol

I'll buy us all a round:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink007.gif

1. profile image0

You can always celebrate with me you know that jen big_smile

That's right, we're not alone in celebrating our click And hey! *pokes your shoulder* Don't talk like that. We'll make it, one click at a time...one hub at a time! We'll keep each other at it, and we'll match Michael's 78 dollars! *dramatic Southern drawl* And we'll nevuh be hongry again!!

*shares a round with Jen*

Well if I'm going to match Michael, I'll need to earn... hmm, let's see...
          $63.77.
          In one month.
          Nope, I think he's got me beat lol
          I'll nevuh be hongry, but maybe I'll be a little peckish. Yup, I could snack.

@crazd: of course we can always celebrate on HubPages chica! that's why I love it here
          But the people who know me in real life tend to get the glazed over look when I say things like "Hey! I got an awesome click today WOO HOOO"
          big_smile

2. Michael Willis profile image68

The NFL Playoffs were my big money makers. The Championship Round and then the SuperBowl. $40 dollars was in a week and a half.  Amazon was DVD's.

smile
            Nicely done

6. profile image0

Hmmm I think i need to do Amazon capsules...what do ya think?

I figure it couldn't hurt! I thought you already WERE! yikes

1. profile image0

heheh nope but I think that it would be okay to set up...was on the fence about it because we have to give them our SS#...not too keen about giving that out

I can certainly understand that...although I feel that Amazon is pretty trustworthy and secure, or I wouldn't have done it either.

1. profile image0

well I did it and it's set but not active...no idea what to do if I have to wait or whatever so I'll have to see about it tomorrow.

2. Michael Willis profile image68

Nelle is a good one to talk to about money on HP. She seems to have the knack down and of course she has so many great hubs!

1. profile image0

oo that is very true...I better go hunt down Nelle then big_smile

7. Fluffymetal profile image80
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

big_smile Congrats.  I'm still waiting for my big bucks

Thanks, fluffy! You'll get there! smile There's so much great help around here, it's like a wave of support you can ride on.

8. profile image0

aaaa well then slap them jen and say 'did ya hear what I just said?' lol

lol lol lol

I said to my mom one day, "I did good. Just be happy for me."

lol

1. profile image0

lol lol That workds!

LOL...I know what you mean! No one in my flesh and blood circle really "gets it" but they can see how excited I am about it...and they try to...LOL

9. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

you'd think that cynics like some of us really are wouldn't get so jazzed about a few dollars or a few more fans or a few thousand page views - but holey moley, its so fun!  It is like remember when your parents decided you were finally old enough to get an allowance?  and you got your $2 every Sunday after church and immediately blew it on food at the Dairy Queen, even though every Friday you promised yourself you would save it so that next Friday you could go after school with your friends to the soda fountain for a phosphate, instead?  oh , ok, I got a little carried away there.  having one of those nights.  manic, you know?

1. Michael Willis profile image68

$2 a week allowance...now you sound like you know about the era I grew up in. lol

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, and a cherry phosphate (which probably doesn't exist anymore) only cost 25cents!

Hehehehe...I like it when you have one of "those" nights, mega...it always makes for the best entertainment...I mean, you really end up making me smile and laugh.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

gee thanks!  that made MY night!  I do get awful wordy sometimes and then I slink back into my corner fearful that I've just bored everyone to tears.  it is a definite manic/depressive thing with me and if I did not have this outlet I would be in a straitjacket, I'm sure . . .so thanks for putting up with me!

Aww wow, mega, I had NO IDEA you felt that way! I can't believe it; you always come off as wonderful, confident, and exuberant - and with a completely different take on the world. I really look forward to reading your posts and things. I really get a great kick out of your style - it's completely unique and creative.

10. profile image0

Okay so I have amazon set up and I have capsuls on three of my hubs....two on one and one on the other two...

I hope I did it right big_smile

11. profile image0

I'm off to bed I'll play with my amazon stuff more tomorrow...oh one question first. how many capsuls is a good number? I don't want to over do it

Hmm...I've been sticking with one capsule in the body, and two at the bottom...But, since I haven't made any sales on amazon I don't know if I'm the best to talk to! LOL

1. profile image0

eh you are just starting out...and so am I big_smile I am thinking maybe what? two or three capsules okay?

12. calicoaster profile image75
    calicoasterposted 14 years ago

That is really cool. Congratulations!! big_smile...I got my adsense approved last friday and have managed to get some $0.18 in my account...yayee!! smile.

Hey, that's AWESOME, you haven't been here long at all. At that rate, you'll definitely have me beat when you reach the three month mark! Keep up the good work! smile

13. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Wish i could create a thread for my kontera payout, sumday  i'll LOL...

Awwww! You'll get there! I understand that Kontera's tough to get the payout for - you have to have enormous traffic. Just keep writing and you'll make it smile

14. profile image0
    HelloEcoMDRposted 14 years ago

where is the keyword academy? I'd like to watch...

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. west40 profile image61
        west40posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is also A FAQ Hubpages video on keywords that was very helpful too.

2. profile image0
        HelloEcoMDRposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. chloe_wong profile image59
    chloe_wongposted 14 years ago

oh, congratulations to you, friend.

Thank you! And welcome to HubPages smile We're looking forward to your first AdSense payment! wink

16. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

That is bonza GS, you deserve everything.

17. wrenfrost56 profile image54
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

*Dances around* I get it, was crazy excited when I got my first click. Many congrats, more confetti....? big_smile

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I get it too! And once the $$$ starts showing up in your checking account - your husband will get it too!

The important thing is that now you really believe there is money to be made marketing online.

Yes, indeed you're right...and I have to give thanks to you, Nelle...A lot of the hubs I've been reading and learning from have been yours. So you've had a positive effect on me. *bows* Thank you!!

19. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Good show,it takes time,patience,good writing on things people like to read about,plus key words,backlinks,frontlinks,mylinks,are you tired yet?

20. Aley Martin profile image66
    Aley Martinposted 14 years ago

I think motivation is important to releasing your creativity, and mine is not about making money, it is about being creative. That being said, it is nice to make a few "sense" (cents) along the way. Good news and best of luck to all your writers! Bt do enjoy the journey.

21. profile image0

Oh great GS now I have the amazon bug lol I'm putting in capsules left and right because of you hahaha

Yeah! *high five* That's awesome smile The more capsules, the more chances for sales. I'll have to go check 'em out.

1. profile image0

Yes but we don't want TOO many capsules either big_smile

Indeed...we don't want to market so much the content gets cheapened.

1. profile image0

but it is fun putting up the capsules and checking out what they have on certain topics hehehehe

Ooh CW...go for the God of War Hub - that's a GREAT one to have some merchandise on: The whole GOW series, a couple of game systems...related games...there're tons of things you could put on that one.

1. profile image0

Oh yea definitely going for that one big_smile I am working on another one right now..one of my cat hubs big_smile

Sweet! Cat owners need LOTS of stuff! Cat beds, grooming products, doesn't amazon let you subscribe to cat litter so you can have it delivered to house on a regular basis.

OMG...what a hub title: BUY CAT LITTER. LMAO hahahahaha

1. profile image0

lol that would work they sell it on Amazon LMAO

2. skyfire profile image79
                  skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I are going to attack in comment section if you post kitty hubs...  ~^_^~

1. profile image0

too late already have several lol

22. TheGlassSpider profile image64

WOW! There are just too many people to write to individually right now!! LOL

Thanks everyone for all their support and well wishes! The money is cool - but the friendship and support is priceless! I love this place.

*sings* "Can you feel the love...in here." hehehe

23. profile image0
    Pack Secureposted 14 years ago

Nice job Glass Spider. *Jealous* smile

Thanks! Don't worry. you're WAY ahead of where I was with Hubs after only five days! If you keep up that kind of momentum you'll be earning before you know it.

24. TheGlassSpider profile image64

What's even worse is that it's writing itself in my head and saying "Hey, this could work."

25. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats! I'm excited for you.

Yay! Lynne stopped by! Thanks, lynne.

26. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

You have all the rights to celebrate. This way it'll even sound better 2.53 USD is 228.85 Jamaican Dollars or 952.60 Zimbabwe dollars

SWEET! I think I need to move to Jamaica or Zimbabwe...sounds like I'm rich there! big_smile

Thanks Zsuxsy!!

1. profile image0

I'm moving with you GS lol

lol That's right...we'll take over with our AdSense/AMazon EMPIRE! We will be queens. Just wait. wink

27. myownworld profile image71
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

In certain parts of south asia, you could get a complete, very yummy spicy meal for that!
    Well done Spider...you do more than one thing right....! wink

Hehehe...hey I'm well on my way to being well-fed. Thanks for stopping in smile

@cosette: Thanks!! smile

28. TheGlassSpider profile image64

All right, guys. I've gotta run...Have some work for a client to do, but it's been fun, and I'm SO glad to have friends who understand that this 2.50 really seems like...more than just money. I'm full of hope and love and inspiration and all because of YOU!

{{{HUBPAGES GROUP HUG}}} Much love, everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)