jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Increasing Traffic

1. Evane profile image40
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

What are the best ways to increase traffic to your hubs?

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I posted from my blog to several related groups on Google + yesterday and today a newly written article.  They have brought in 253 pageviews so far in 30 hours and 100 +'s.  This is a topic no one searches for, so at least I got a little mileage from Google+. I think it can be useful.

1. Evane profile image40
        Evaneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh I see. Let me try that. Thank you.

2. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

There are probably quite a few hints about increasing your traffic in the HP learning centre. 
    From what I've read, many people have had success with Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Are you a member of any discussion groups on topics you write about?   Putting a link there may be helpful.

Of course, it is not a good idea to spam any of these areas by posting too many links to your writings.\

Hope your traffic improves.

1. Evane profile image40

Oh okay, I will join related Facebook groups then. Thank you

3. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

You have to use SEO and keyword research to get good traffic. This means finding out what keyphrases are searched for in the search engine and whether the competition is low enough for you to get a good place in search results. There is a lot written on the subject on this site and elsewhere.

Mostly, you have to have article titles that are search friendly, meaning that they reflect what people are typing into the search engine.

Other than that, a lot of people have good luck with Pinterest. If you have attractive photos in your Hubs, pinning them to Pinterest can get you some traffic.

1. Evane profile image40

Right. Thank you for the advice smile

2. adevwriting profile image77
      adevwritingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, Nate. SEO and keyword research are very important before creating a hub. Social networking is also important. Doesn't leaving insightful comments on hubs you like help with increasing traffic?

I didn't know about using Pinterest. Thanks!

working