jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Should HP introduce a Podcast Module?

1. Buildreps profile image94
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12567751_f520.jpg
    Since podcasting is booming. A copy of a Copyblogger newsletter:

- 17% of Americans have listened to a podcast in the last month (that’s 36 million people just in the U.S.A.) — a number that keeps growing.

- 10% of Americans have listened to a podcast in the last week — and of this group, the average person listens to six podcast episodes per week.

- Podcast consumers in the U.S. are much more affluent, educated, and likely to engage with brands via social media than the general population.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You have the option to embed a YouTube video that is audio with a still image or you can link to an MP3 file. You could also link to a site like SoundCloud.

Buildrepsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the options, Matthew. I didn't realize that SoundCloud was an option as well. I'll keep it in mind.

2. paolaenergya profile image92
    paolaenergyaposted 2 years ago

I think it's a good suggestion - it all depends on whether this platform has the right technical specification to support audio files (sorry, I am not technical!).

The only downside of producing podcasts is the time investment: editing a podcast takes several hours, while writing an article tends to take less time.

Shall we ask Kim Kardashian to send a tweet to HubPages' CEO? She managed to get a reply from twitter's CEO Jack Dorsey with her suggestion of adding an editing feature to sent tweets smile

Buildrepsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That might be a good idea, Paola! If you ask Kim Kardashian, I'll ask Queen Maxima smile

1. paolaenergya profile image92
        paolaenergyaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Eh eh! "If you don't ask, you don't get"!

working