jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Flashplayer removed from Chrome for security reasons. Safe?

1. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 2 years ago

It is safe to download Flashplayer?. It was on Chrome but not any more. due to security issues. Google removed it this month, I am afraid to use the activex, but we still need it to run videos and upload photos. Correct?

1. Faith Reaper profile image90
      Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Audrey,

I noticed that I was unable to view videos here on HubPages and elsewhere and my husband told me that I needed to download Adobe Flash, and after he did that for me, I can view it all.  I think I had it on Chrome but not Internet Explorer.  I didn't realize Google had removed it.  He went to the official Adobe site to download it.  I have upgraded to Microsoft 10, and it may have had something to do with it too, but it is all good now.  I hope there are no security issues.

brakel2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Faith. At one time, I had a license to it from an official site that I could share on my network with my husband. I don't know how to get it again, as that computer crashed. Thanks for giving me this information, as it makes me feel better about it. I may google license  and try to get it again, or find the official site, like your husband. You are so sweet.  Blessings.

2. WryLilt profile image84
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

From my understanding, java, flash and a few other commonly used plugins are slowly being phased out on most web browsers, as they're seen as a bit old and clunky. So yes, you can still use them, they just won't be that common soon.

brakel2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WryLilt. Nowadays, it is hard to keep anything very secure, especially these older plugins. I remember Adobe Flash Player was hacked a lot at one time. I wish it was still on Chrome, because I never had trouble with it. On Firefox, it crashed a lot. It was built into Chrome.

3. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 2 years ago

You can activate another plugin by googling Chrome pepper flash player or using article below..

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=en

working