jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Spent over 15 hour on this hub, why can i get it featured?

1. Precision Golf profile image73
    Precision Golfposted 2 years ago

I have put a serious amount of effort into this hub and i cant get it featured for quality.

http://precisiongolf.hubpages.com/hub/A … ed-Why-not

Its been knocked back so many times and i always check it so throughly. Its really disheartening as i think it is a really good piece of work.

Any feedback on it to get it published would be fantastic!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The biggest problem I see is that your title does not match the information in your article.  You indicate that you will show how having custom clubs will improve your golf game, but instead write a hub about custom clubs.

Also, I see numerous spelling and grammar mistakes such as "i" instead of "I".  The letter "I" is always capitalized.  I noticed that you did this in your forum post as well.

Also, your first two sentences are not structured properly.

It is obvious that you did a great deal of work on this hub, and basically have written good information that many golfers would be interested in reading.

You simply have to readjust your focus, fix a few errors and align some sentences.  It's frustrating, I know, but it is very difficult for writers to see their own errors.  I hope this will help you.

Good luck.

Precision Golfposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I changed the title several times to see if it would help get it published. I will change it back. Much appreciated.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I did see two errors in the first two paragraphs, that's as far as I read. "many golfer believe" should be "many golfers believe."  "letting their game done" should be "letting their game down." Simple mistakes, easy to fix. I suppose Robin has already answered the major reason for your problem though.

Thank you!

2. Sharp Points profile image92
    Sharp Pointsposted 2 years ago

Amazon capsules are seen as spammy unless they are directly related to the article while also enhancing the user experience. I would try removing one of them, whichever is less relevant to the topic, and see what happens.

Ok thank you. I added them in because some of my other hubs got approved when i added Amazon capsules. I will take them out!

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 2 years ago

You'll likely need to remove the link in order for your Hub to be Featured.  I believe your Hub is being seen as promotional.  It's highly unlikely that your readers will be able to visit the store you are referencing, so it's not very useful to the reader.  Please see our FAQ on spammy elements. Writing multiple Hubs all linking to the same commercial domain will likely cause your Hubs to become defeatured for quality.   Most people that do this are writing their articles for the link rather than for the reader (a practice we frown upon).  I hope that helps!  smile

Its just they gave me their time and i wanted to give them something in return. If Hub pages wont let me link to the people i interview, then i cant write here. Am i really being penalised for one link?

1. Robin profile image
        Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's a bit suspicious when a username matches links in all of the Hubs.  In most cases, these accounts and Hubs are created solely to promote a business not to inform readers.

I only have it because my partner who is an SEO manager. He set up initially and gave up because its no good for back linking. All my Adwords are linked and i cant change the user name. I have hubs on photography and other things as well and working on a feminism one. Should i delete and start again?

working