jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Pages with Blocked Resources on Google Webmasters

1. chef-de-jour profile image86
    chef-de-jourposted 23 months ago

Is it normal to have pages with blocked resources on Google Webmasters? Google suggests it may hamper indexing. Not very good with all this technical business - Is there a simple solution hubbers know of or do I have to go researching into the life of Googlebot?

2. stephenteacher profile image83
    stephenteacherposted 23 months ago

Are you talking in general or on hub?

Some things may get blocked by your settings or hub settings.

Notice it's not saying that your pages are blocked, just "resources."

Resources refers to embedded stuff, javascript, and other such things.

It means the googlebot is not getting the full picture of what a typical visitor gets.

In most cases, it does not matter. The content that matters is generally just text.

If the blocked resources are what defines your page, it could be a problem. Especially if it's blocking css that might define an h1 or other text formatting.

1. chef-de-jour profile image86
      chef-de-jourposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Hey thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
      When I go to Webmasters, Google Index - Blocked Resources , it says I have 119 pages with blocked resources. I then delve further into a single page and it says the resource is htt​phmm​/ch​ef-​de-​jou​r.h​ubp​age​s.c​om/​c/a​382​652​2.g​if.
      Not sure if I should do the robot.txt and fetch and stuff?

3. stephenteacher profile image83
    stephenteacherposted 23 months ago

You cannot change the settings on hub, so you have to just live with it. Even if you found out what was blocked.

Like I said, 99.99% of the time it does not matter. What will define your hub is most likely the title and text modules.

working