I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why do we do, what we do? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Welcome to HubPages.
You have started well with writing, try breaking up the text and using more modules with titles at the top of the text.
Add photos with a large one at the top, also use videos, a poll to get your readers involved.
HubPages like about 1000 to 1200 words.
Hope this is helpful.
Have a great day.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Your title is not very compelling or likely to be found in a web search. Could you think of something more snappy and which gives people a reason to click on it?
2. You have just pasted text into a single capsule. It should be broken up into at least three capsules, otherwise it looks like a big block of text. When reading on a screen, it's better to have some white space to rest the eye and draw it down.
3. Include a copyright free image at the top of the page. This again will invite further investigation by a potential reader.
4. Your introduction could do with some work - tell you reader what the hub is about, again, it is all about making the article compelling. "How is it that..." is a bit clunky. Start with "Why does a person make the ultimate sacrifice, while another will murder? Or something like that.
5. Get rid of unnecessary words. If a word doesn't perform a clear duty or purpose - delete it. It will sharpen your writing. For example: "Fulfillment can only be achieved through a pattern of living in which we focus on two spiritual needs." can be shortened to, "Fulfillment is achieved by focusing on two spiritual needs." You might think that 'a pattern of living' adds to the sentence, but it doesn't, it makes it soft and spongy.
6. Use bullet points to highlight the needs at the beginning of the piece. They make a list easier to read.
7. 'Hordes' is several crowds of people and is incorrect and unnecessary with 'varied activities'.
8, "We, I think, have been maintaining this as one of the most difficult questions of life. Not only that there is no historical figure who did not attempt to answer this but also all there is no one who did not become a historical entity despite pontificating on this question." It doesn't get any woollier than this. I don't understand it. How could you make it more succinct and understandable to the average reader? You have to write so that people don't have to keep re-reading the paragraph to make sense of what you are saying. Read your work out aloud, that will help you cut through the waffle. Remember you are writing for the internet - people have short attention spans.
9. Google "writing cut unnecessary words" and you'll find lots of tips on how to write with clarity.
I'll stop there otherwise I will be guilty of waffle too! You have enough to be going on with
Hope that helps.
A few more images and break up that text, and it'll be in good shape.
Also, I agree, that the title should be rethought. I have a hard time with titles too.
The best advice I've found is to think of what you would search if you were looking for an article like yours.
Well what I would do, like in your third paragraph, you are taking a lot about fulfillment. I would type fulfillment into Google Image search and see what comes up.
Most people suggest using original images. if that's your style, then maybe you can at least get some ideas.
Another suggestion, in your sixth paragraph you talk about children. Maybe use a picture of a child?
Visuals are important but most of the time they're just for looks.
Yes, they should be relevant, but don't put too much thought into.
Hope that's helpful.
Yes, I read, I googled, and I updated my hub. Thanx a lot!
No. You are giving bad advice. You can't take images from Google. It's actually illegal. You have to make sure they are copyright-free and that you are allowed to use them. If you don't, you could be sued by the image owner. You must use your own images or find those that are Creative Commons licensed and free to use. Try compfight.com
Here's what Hubpages says in the Learning Center. You should both spend some time there
"It is not okay to use an image that you have just found on Google Images. Many people search on Google Images and just credit "Google Images" for their photos. This is incorrect. Google Images did not create that image, nor does it host it. Google Images helps you find images, but it is not the best tool for finding images to use, as not all of those images are licensed to be used by other people."
So I need to remove all pics from my hub? I read the legal-image-use instructions, which is quite intimidating (esp for lazy people) and time consuming. I think I will remove all images.
your article is very wordy and I feel like all the extra wording is not helping your main theme for now I am even more in question --why do we do what we do? you most definately need to come up with a different title.
by sunforged 8 years ago
As pointed out in a recent thread, the way hubpages serves analytics code doesnt allow for the functionality of checking which keyword/ search string brings traffic to hubpages via the google image search.From my own sites I know this functionality is possible with a little extra code.I...
by Rajan Singh Jolly 6 years ago
Is it legal to use Google images for hubs?
by Chang Lee 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Gift Inspiration - Themed with Doggie, Cat, Horse or Owl by Alex Clark (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!Few more questions; 1. Are 5 featured hubs required...
by Kate Swanson 4 years ago
I found these very interesting posts on Pixabay's blog:http://pixabay.com/en/blog/posts/hotlin … google-32/http://pixabay.com/en/blog/posts/an-upd … ion-fo-41/I'd suggest this is something HubPages should look into, if they haven't already. It's great that Pixabay has been so open...
by MissFrost 6 years ago
I thought I had to include the whole website when I use a picture from google images? But, when I look at other hugs, they aren't doing that...
by Baisil 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Easy Method to Cure Canker Sore (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|