jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Am I the only one?

1. Farawaytree profile image89
    Farawaytreeposted 22 months ago

Am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if we could have an option of which image we would like to appear as our hub cover? Usually it's just the image that appears first in the hub, which is fine, but it would be great to be able to select which image we'd like people to see that represents the article in our profile section.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I guess I am used to it; I put my cover image first.

Farawaytreeposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I am too. I just think  it would be a fantastic addition to the set up...

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 22 months agoin reply to this

The easiest, most-straightforward way to do this is to just make that image first in your Hub.

Image size can also be a factor and there is a way to get a different image as your first but it's done by resizing and uploading various sized images so the system grabs the biggest one as the display image, but it's complicated and annoying.  I don't personally recommend it.

3. gerimcclym profile image88
      gerimcclymposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I try to catch my reader's attention in the first paragraph, where I introduce my topic, so I try to grab the reader's attention with that first photo beside it. For this reason, the current set up works well for me. But all of my hubs have been articles (as opposed to poems, short stories, etc.) so far, so I suppose that could make a difference.

4. emi sue profile image69
      emi sueposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I wouldn't mind having the option. Sounds like a great suggestion.

YES smile

2. PerceptivePages profile image80
    PerceptivePagesposted 22 months ago

I too agree with that suggestion. The freedom of choosing the image could increase the traffic based on what image is chosen.

Yes. It's not a huge deal. But I think hubpages could make that a future tweak. More of a priority though, would be to make hubpages more mobile friendly.

3. profile image0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 22 months ago

Like Sherry, I simply post the picture I want as my cover first. Simple.

4. Kimberleyclarke profile image85
    Kimberleyclarkeposted 22 months ago

Yes, I agree Farawaytree! More mobile friendly would be better!

Yeap, and if they could do that sometime soon it would be great! wink

5. Jeramey Conrad profile image86
    Jeramey Conradposted 22 months ago

I totally agree! Sometimes my article is arranged in such a way that the first logical picture is just the one that best accompanies what is going on in that paragraph or section, not an over-arching theme for the piece,

I realize I have to conform my writing to this structure, but the ability to choose which one would be great. Wikinut lets one do this and their website structure is quite lacking in comparison to HP.

I remember Facebook used to have a simple little arrow when you linked a website that loaded thumbnails of every image its reader crawled on the linked-to page that you could use to share with it. Something as brief and simple as that which you select when publishing, or something you select on the preferred image itself when uploaded (like Wikinut), either would do.

6. Bills Place profile image82
    Bills Placeposted 22 months ago

Having the added option of choosing which image would probably benefit certain types of hubs, but I've never personally thought about it because on and off of HubPages I usually put the image I think would grab the most attention first, thus working for the cover as well.

More flexibility never hurts though!

working