jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

First New Hub -since having so much problem keeping things featured.

1. Ilonagarden profile image85
    Ilonagardenposted 20 months ago

I wrote this new hub with all the things I learned so far about what Hubpages wants. I may not have attained the Holy Grail of making the right kind of hub. Couldn't resist putting in more than a couple links (none go to anything of mine). And I added an eBay capsule which I had weeded out of almost all my other hubs.

Give a look and tell me what you think. It hasn't gone into QAP yet ( it is VERY new)

http://hubpages.com/art/Hungarian-Embroidery

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 20 months ago in reply to this

First sentence is not quite right... "Considered one of the oldest folk arts, Hungarians..."

It should read, "Considered one of the oldest folk arts, needlework..."

'Hungarians' aren't folk art smile I think that whole sentence could be reworked. Your opening words are so important.

I haven't read through the rest, but you pretty much answer your own problem - take the eBay & Amazon capsules out, and the links. Republish the hub without them. Then try adding them back in one by one over a couple of weeks.

Ilonagardenposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Will definitely rework that intro

2. Ilonagarden profile image85

Thanks for the input- I spent some time editing, including making what I hope are smoother transitions between the info. I appreciate the time spent on giving helpful critique smile

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 20 months ago

The hub has a lot of nice material but I would suggest focussing on having a more logical, linear progression from beginning to end.  Then say at the beginning what topic you will cover.  To me it comes across as a bit scattered and wandering, so I never know what the next section will be about.

Thanks- I will try to work on that- I have always had trouble with modules!

working