jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

More doom and gloom....

1. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 20 months ago

As Han Solo says "I've got a really bad feeling about this".

1.  Here's an interesting thread on declining user/hub numbers.
    http://hubpages.com/community/forum/135 … ost2797673

2. Rankings: My hubs in general have seen a steady decline in ranking over the last few months

3. Earnings. Yesterday revealed my lowest CPM yet of $3.97 sad

4. Traffic. Also in steady decline. Have Google completely closed the door?

In a nutshell. Bad news.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 20 months ago

I guess it varies per person because numbers have rebounded for myself especially CPM figures. However I do see the overall concerns as more and more users are trying to strike out on their own.

1. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 20 months agoin reply to this

+1

3. EricDockett profile image93
    EricDockettposted 20 months ago

My search traffic has been increasing over the past few weeks after a drop following the death of subdomains. Google has not closed the door. Of course it is only a fraction of what it used to be, but it's not bad. This account is most improved, but my biggest account has seen improvement as well.

Unfortunately, it is hard to be optimistic about it with the site shakeup on the horizon. My traffic had just started see a return to form after the squid smackdown when subdomains disappeared. I kinda feel like even if it does increase now, it really doesn't mean much.

Sometimes it seems like HP doesn't let things stew long enough to really see a result. It's like bouncing from one experiment to the next hoping for the big payoff instead of a plan for slow, steady growth.

4. Adam Harkus profile image61

I just want to put my feet up and watch the the stats increase by themselves.. Aint gonna happen though, not yet anyway.

5. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 20 months ago

Lots of ups and downs over time. I think it doesn't pay to look at a small piece of time in terms of traffic and income, but it's better to look over a longer period of time; I often go to Google Analytics and check stats for a period of a year, the picture looks a little different then.

6. Adam Harkus profile image61

Good advice. Just too tempting though. Maybe I'm just addicted to stats....

1. NateB11 profile image95
      NateB11posted 20 months agoin reply to this

I know what you mean. Actually, I still check daily stats, but once in awhile I look over a longer period of time to put it in perspective.

working