Is anyone using Windows 10?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (30 posts)
  1. OldRoses profile image92
    OldRosesposted 8 years ago

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have been unable to create hubs or edit existing hubs.  I have appealed to the Powers That Be at HP but they claim they are unable to replicate my problem.  However, they refuse to confirm if they are testing on Windows 10 using an account that doesn't have admin privilages.  Another hubber was also unable to edit her hubs and was also using Windows 10 which tells me that the problem is Windows 10.

Is anyone else using Windows 10?  Have you had any problems creating and editing hubs?  If so,have you found a work-around?

1. SheilaMilne profile image92
      SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm using Windows 10 and so far, after about six months or so, I haven't encountered any problems.

OldRosesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear it.  I wouldn't wish my problems on anyone else!

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like a browser issue, not a Windows problem. Have you tried another browser? Checking your security settings in your browser and making sure HP has not been inadvertently blocked? Uninstalling/reinstalling? Clearing your cache? Run a cleaner such as CCleaner? Logging into HP from another computer?

You didn't say whether you could access the HP site and where the problem occurs.

2. OldRoses profile image92
    OldRosesposted 8 years ago

Thanks for your input.  Troubleshooting my problems has been a nightmare.

3. TeriSilver profile image94
    TeriSilverposted 8 years ago

I use Window 10 as my office computer and I wish it would go away.  We had a server crash that meant we had to get new desktops, and the guy who sold them to us seems to love W10 but we (and our tech guy) are not so enthused. I wish I could give you some useful info about it, but I haven't reached that moment of "zen" just yet.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with Win10.  I like it and haven't had any problems with it except with HP.  It doesn't seem to like HP.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How old is your computer? The HP website tends to push the tech envelope to the max.

I purchased my laptop last year.  Prior to that, I had a laptop that was Win8, then upgraded to Win8.1.  No problems with HP.  The problems started when I purchased this laptop and upgraded it to Win10.

Do you have CCleaner? I swear by the free version. http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/ It'll cleanup all sorts of problems.

Thank you for the suggestion.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

Another thought, are your win10 updates set to automatic? If not, I'd recommend changing to yes.

I'm a former IT worker.  My laptop is (auto) updated, virus protected and backed up.  I'm just a little fanatical about it.

I am also former tech. And I'm fresh out of ideas. big_smile

Thanks for trying!

5. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 8 years ago

I've been using Windows 10 on my PC and laptop since it came out.   No problems with HP at all.

Got to admit I really liked Windows 7 though - it was really stable IMO.

6. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 8 years ago

I have Windows 10 and I have had no issues with creating Hubs. I don't know much about these things but my computer seems to work much better with Windows 10 than Windows 7. Good luck in finding the solution. Blessings!

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No problems with windows 10, just don't like some of the features.  You could go back to the previous version, if the 10 is giving you problems.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not if the OP has had it installed for longer than 30 days. I'm not sure what the procedure is then for rollback.

There are some articles... she could try this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback- … er-30-days

2. OldRoses profile image92

Rolling back is an extreme option if i'm only having problems with one site.  Everything else works fine.  It'seems just HP that's not working.

7. Adam Harkus profile image59
    Adam Harkusposted 8 years ago

Windows 10 is great, really fast startup and shutdown.

Not a single issue with it so far either.

I agree!  It works great for me except with HP.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60

This just occurred to me...

Are you using the WIN10 MS Edge Browser? HP and that browser do indeed tend to not get along. In fact, that browser doesn't get along with a lot of Google products either, Blogger being a good example.

I normally use Chrome, but I have also tried Firefox, IE, Edge and just downloaded Opera but that is not compatible with HP.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

After CCleaner has cleaned everything up and straightened everything out, I'd try the latest FF with Adblock Plus. Works for me, but your results may vary. big_smile

Sorry, but I stay away from so-called "registry cleaners".  They are legacy software from the earliest days of Windows when software tended to clutter up registries.  Since XP, if software is properly uninstalled, no files are left in the registry.  Both Microsoft and IT professionals all recommend against using registry cleaners on modern OS.  They tend to cause more problems than they solve by removing files that shouldn't be removed.  Personally, I don't like any software or person touching my registry.  I handle that myself.  So far I have not found anything suspicious or unnecessary in my registry.  I will look into ad blockers but I don't see how that would help me.

You can tell it to skip the registry part.

Do have it do at least the browser cache and cookies part. I'm thinking it's something there that is what's causing you grief.

10. Jesse Drzal profile image92
    Jesse Drzalposted 8 years ago

I will refrain from downloading until I cannot. I might have a Mac by then I'm just all Windowed out.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

Unnecessary start up programs could also be giving you grief. It will sort that out as well.

Aha!  I hadn't thought of startup programs.  I'll look into that.  Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)