jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Will Hubs Moved to New Sites Be Able to Have Amazon Capsules?

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image93
    ThePracticalMommyposted 17 months ago

I have had several hubs snipped in the last few days (thought the email said sniped, lol!) and I notice that the main things being taken out of my hubs were Amazon capsules. I don't go crazy putting them everywhere in my hubs, maybe like one or two really relevant ones, so I'm not sure why they were snipped. I do earn money from those, so I'd like to see them go back in, but I don't want to disturb the process... Any insight?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 17 months ago in reply to this

We do allow product capsules, though the rules about their requirements are more strict than on HubPages. You must demonstrate personal experience with the product (why do you recommend it personally and how do you like yours?) and the product must also be both directly related to the Hub's subject and be necessary to the reader's experience. Take the time to explain why the reader needs the item to complete the instructions or gain further information about your Hub's subject and make sure the product is something the average person is not likely to already own.

ThePracticalMommyposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the explanation!

1. Robin profile image
          Robinposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Oh good!  smile  I updated my post with an explanation about your other Hub.  smile

Ok, thanks!

2. Robin profile image

It looks like we left one product and removed the other in one of your Hubs.  Personally, I don't think both are needed; if you would prefer the other product, you are welcome to switch them out.  In the other Hub, I am also not sure the product is needed.  If you are going to include a book, you should give specific reasons why you feel this particular book is the best option and show that you have read the book. 

As for the misspelling, I looked at our emails and couldn't find the word "sniped".  Would you mind double checking, and if you still see the error, forwarding the email to me?  Thank you!! smile

Lol, no no! You spelled it right! I read it wrong! My apologies!

2. Adam Harkus profile image60
    Adam Harkusposted 17 months ago

Mine still has one product capsual remainng (which is directly related to the product). The others which promote the competitors to the product have gone. I really though they were relevant and useful but it appears HP has other ideas.

1. Robin profile image

I wrote a long post about us snipping Amazon capsules here.  http://hubpages.com/community/forum/136 … ost2809383

3. julieann26 profile image80
    julieann26posted 16 months ago

I found out today that one of my articles had been moved to a niche site and it still has the Amazon capsule.  If it is related to your topic then the capsule will stay.

working