Is an image source a spam?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. robredman profile image44
    robredmanposted 7 years ago

When I click edit button of hub which is not published I am seeing :

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12994693_f1024.jpg

I am using 11 images for the hub and 3 of the images are from 2 sites.So in image sour I mentioned the website name and in source url I put the websites url.

Is it spam?

I have another two links I mentioned in the hub
    1. Bookings.com and
    2. Tripadvisor.com

Is it spam?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are limited to two links to any one website.  There are some exceptions, but the ones you mentioned are not on the list.

By the way, you shouldn't be using images from that site. They are likely to be copyrighted images. You can only use images if you have permission to use them, or you have taken them yourself.  Check out the Learning Center entry about legal image use.

robredmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Now this how helping people. Thank you so much.

"You are limited to two links to any one website. " I read this in http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents before I start to writing hubs. I put a local tour agency links as images sources for only two photos. So basically I put two same links for different images as the image source.

If I put "Photo credit to my friend - MY FRIEND NAME" , how this will be considered?

I am afraid to edit and publish again because it's already 'Not Published' once and I read somewhere "edit and publishing, again and again, may lead your hubs to get deleted.

So I want to figure what exactly the issue with my hub before I edit it again.

Anyhow one of my hub http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Stay- … ies-Part-1 has been featured and it has external links for some official sites.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

I've used a friend's photo (with his permission of course) and I put "photo courtesy of (person's name)" as the source.

robredmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info FatFreddyCat..
      So that is not the problem. We can use our friends'' photo and credit to them.

I am so confused now.
      I have,
      2 photos source URL  -  www.example1.com
      1 photo source URL - www.example2.com

bookings.com and tripadvisor.com in a paragraph.
      And, I am getting the following message:

Please address the moderator set alert below before you publish this Hub.
      Needs Improvement
      This Hub is unpublished because it did not receive high enough ratings to meet HubPages' quality standards or because it contains spammy elements. It will remain unpublished until it is edited, published again, and rated high enough to be Featured. To see our rating criteria, please visit our official rating scale (we recommend shooting for criteria matching Hubs rated eight or above).

hurrmmm.. sad

1. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe this link might help: Rating Criteria for informational Hubs.

A note is I am not sure about images being considered spam. They do need to be Legal to use. They only require correct attribution in a format similar to below. The source link is optional. Here is a link to proper Image Use at HubPages

Name of image author, Attribution for License usually a Creative Commons designation, where the image is from.

EX: Joe Smith, CC0 Public Domain, via Pixabay

How I do my own images are My Name, CC0 Public Domain, via Home Pic Files. But, some I do not want the image used, so I use a different Creative Commons designation. I suggest become familiar to those.

Here is a link to Creative Commons. There is where you will find information on the different designations.

Some sites offer images for Free usage. Some of them are for a fee. The professional sites will share what the attribution to use is. Some example sites are:

Wikimedia Commons

Pixabay

Compfight

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

There are other things that can be flagged as spammy, maybe you should post a link?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)