jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

newbie here ; question

1. attagirl123 profile image72
    attagirl123posted 17 months ago

how to add articles to an existing hub?

1. Jason Marovich profile image86
      Jason Marovichposted 17 months agoin reply to this

You'll get responses if you're a bit more specific.  Welcome to HubPages.

2. jackclee lm profile image72
      jackclee lmposted 17 months agoin reply to this

You can create what I called a hubbook, it's like a table of contents for a series of hubs on the same or related topics.
      You can find out how to do this by searching for how to create a hubbook.
      Good luck!

1. attagirl123 profile image72
        attagirl123posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Thank you!

2. attagirl123 profile image72

I have created a hub page. I don't know how to add another article to that page. I assumed one hub is for several articles related to that topic. Again, there are no options that i can see to submit a second article.

Thanks!

1. Jason Marovich profile image86
      Jason Marovichposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I suggest you start here:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

I think of Hubs as stand-alone articles.  HP has recently created niche sites (you can find info on them by typing niche sites in search bar on forums, I'd think).   These niche sites, if they correlate to what you're writing about, might offer you opportunity to publish many of your articles and have them on an authoritative web address.  Once you have featured content, you would be eligible for selection by the HP team for these niche sites.

A hub, therefore, is not a blog.  It is an article.  I recommend you do not make any hub part of a 'series'.

Have fun.

3. attagirl123 profile image72

Thanks so much for the clarification!

4. Susan Hambidge profile image94
    Susan Hambidgeposted 17 months ago

I can understand the confusion - definition of a 'hub' in Oxford dictionary -

'The effective centre of an activity, region, or network'

So you'd think a hub on here would be a central article  from which a network of other articles would spring. But really your profile is the hub, I guess.

You can link them together by adding embedded links at the end of an article if you want to.

S

5. attagirl123 profile image72

Exactly. I went through all of the facts and learning centers, but never quite explained what a hub is.

working