jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

Amazon icons

1. Anita Hasch profile image81
    Anita Haschposted 16 months ago

Hi I joined recently and want to add amazon capsules to advertise articles related to various hubs. There are no amazon icons on my hubs only eBay icons.
    Please help. Would also like to know how to increase traffic to my hubs

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 16 months ago in reply to this

The learning center (http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents) has detailed, specific instructions on how to use each capsule.

But do be careful; such ads are required to be pertinent and specific to the hub.  A hub on clipping a dog's nails might contain an ad for clippers (if a specific set was discussed at some length and specifically recommended) but could not have an ad on flea collars.  Do not simply throw in ads in the hopes of getting a random click through - HP will delete them and eventually unfeature the hub if you put them back in.

And having a hub full of Amazon ads, or even one ad, will not increase traffic.

Anita Haschposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Wilderness, My problem is I can't find the amazon capsule. There is a eBay capsule on my hubs but no amazon capsule.

2. Anita Hasch profile image81
      Anita Haschposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Hi,
      Just want to let you know that I have finally solved my problem. Marisa advised that I should look for the amazon capsule on the left hand side where you normally add a capsule. Thanks for your help

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
        Glenn Stokposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Glad you got it working Anita.  Thanks, Marisa, for helping her. I didn't understand what Anita meant by icons either.

Anita, now all you have to do is study the Learning Center about the rules for Amazon ads. Besides requiring, I think, 300 words per ad, you also need to show authority on the item advertised. Such as demonstrating that you use the product. In addition, the product has to be directly related to the subject of the hub in such a way that it adds value for the reader.

Thanks for your assistance Glenn. I will go back to the learning center and
          check out the rules. So glad I finally got amazon started.

Glenn Stokposted 15 months ago in reply to this

You're very welcome. Good luck with it. smile

2. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 16 months ago

If Amazon capsules are not showing up as an option, it probably is because you didn't include your Amazon Affiliate ID in your earnings settings. Even better, apply for the Amazon Program under HP's Earnings Program. It pays better.

Anita Haschposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Glen, Thanks for the advice. I did apply for the Amazon Program under HP's Earnings Program and they said I have joined. However, I still do not see the amazon capsule on any of my hubs. I joined hub pages about 14 months ago but did not write any articles until recently. Maybe they took them off. Could you tell me where they are normally situated on a hub. I can see eBay clearly.

Glenn Stokposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Are you talking about not being able to see Amazon as an option to add capsules when you are in edit? I thought that was what you meant last time. But if you are talking about Amazon capsules that you already added and they disappeared, that might be because you didn't follow the new strict rules and they were snipped. If that's it,  it may be time to catch up on the Learning Center. 

If I still didn't understand you, please be more specific. I'm trying to help.

Hi Glenn,
          Thanks for your assistance. Yes, I meant that I could not see the Amazon icon to add capsules when my hub is in edit mode. Are the amazon icons
          normally positioned on the same side as the eBay icons.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
            Marisa Wrightposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you mean by an icon.

If you look in the column on the right hand side of your Hub (in Edit mode), you should see a section titled "Add Content Capsules".   The third section down is entitled "Product" and should show two buttons, eBay and Amazon.

Alternatively you can hover your mouse to the left hand side of your Hub where you want to insert a capsule.  You should see a blue "Insert Capsule" appear.  Click on it and you'll get a list of capsule types you can add.  Amazon should be one of them

Thank you Marisa,
              Will try it now. Appreciate your help.

2. Anita Hasch profile image81

Hi Marisa,
              I thank you. What a relieve. I found the amazon icon on the left hand side. I have entered a capsule on my hub 'How to Make Feta and Cottage Cheese'
              I added the word 'cheese' and amazon put an add on about cheese. However I understand that we must add 50 or 100? words to the capsule, which I presume is to advertise the product. There was no place on that capsule so I added another capsule and added 60 words. I have no idea if I have placed the add and done the 60 words correctly. Would appreciate it if somebody would look and tell me if this is correct or do I have to change something.  Did I describe it correctly or do they require something else.
              Thank you so much for your assistance.

working