jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Getting back on writing, but it's crazy

1. Julie Nou profile image53
    Julie Nouposted 17 months ago

So I've been here for over 4 years, and now started to write again, but my HubScore is crazy, it went to 46 last night, and delete bad quality hubs that I posted sometime ago, and now I'm down to 39. It's getting crazy here in HP, and I'm really frustrated now.

First, there's too many filtering.

Second, before when I posted a hub, it goes like 70+ score each, now they average somewhere in 50.

I have to post quality content, but I have to know... does my profile HubScore will stand and chance and recuperate? Thanks!

2. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 17 months ago

The Profile score and your hub scores do not matter. Ignore them.

3. Julie Nou profile image53

Well it does... in a way, why would they put them if it is just for nothing?

1. Will Apse profile image94
      Will Apseposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Why do some people like to give gold stars to kids for behaving well?

Inexpensive motivation, feedback, reward.

Why do some people think it is a very bad idea to give gold stars to kids for behaving well?

Because it creates performance anxiety.

Anyway, your score is okay now. So, bask in the glory.

4. Julie Nou profile image53

Lol thanks Will. Apparently I've done nothing but posted 3 solid articles that marked H on it and just let it sit, do nothing, watch and engage in Q&A, now finally decided to reply to my own thread.

I still have no idea what kind of articles should I start writing that will interest people out. These followers I have are from 4yrs ago, yet still suprised they're still here. I might write some meaningful How-To's instead of general opinionated subjects that may get me red flag for posting hate speech or whatever.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 17 months agoin reply to this

HP now has 25 websites to which they will be moving good articles that fit into them but first appear here on the mother site.  Many are doing very well, and you should try to write articles that may be picked up for them by the team.  Just make sure your work is original and you avoid spam...which means, limit ads, place them properly and avoid having too many links.  You should take the time to read about all of this in the learning center as doing so will help you a great deal.

5. Julie Nou profile image53

I dont think i can put in any ads, they control it, arent they? About the links, well, I've notice they've even make noFollow for links to avoid spammity.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 17 months agoin reply to this

You really need to read the guidelines in the learning center because it is clear you don't understand how the site works.  There is a large section on ads, spam, etc...if you want to do well here, you'd be smart to learn what they are teaching.

6. Julie Nou profile image53

i see.. if it is okay to ask, where is this learning center page? im not entirely sure if it is in Help section or Hubpages FAQ.. thank you in advance.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 17 months agoin reply to this
      1. Jean Bakula profile image99
        Jean Bakulaposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Just write about something you know a lot about, that's the idea behind the niche sites. Or else, write about something that interests you now, do some research, and write about that. You seem to think your old hubs are outdated. But you most likely changed too, and have new interests and things to say.

HP is only allowing one link out, and it has to be really, really closely about the hub topic. I think the rules say 2, but they aren't honoring that. They like one picture at the top of the hub, stretched as wide as the text. And as far as Amazon, I wouldn't even bother, unless you made money with it before. They allow one capsule per a certain amount of words. But I write 3500 word hubs, and have been cut down to one.

Try looking at the hubs on the niche sites, there's a list of them in the rules. Good luck.

working