jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Can you help improve my travel hub?

1. Glenis Rix profile image96
    Glenis Rixposted 16 months ago

I have just been informed that my hub Visiting Venice on a Shoestring Budget is eligible for the Wanderwisdom network. I would be really grateful if one or two fellow hubbers would review it and make suggestions for improvements

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 months agoin reply to this

If you've been notified that it's eligible, don't touch it.

The reason I say that is this:  if it's eligible, then it's been judged good enough as it is.  If you make changes, those changes may not be what the moderators are looking for and may cause them to change their mind.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The only time I'd edit a Hub in that situation is if they said "this Hub MIGHT be eligible for WanderWisdom IF you improve it" - but if they say that, they will usually tell you exactly what they want you to improve.

Glenis Rixposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response, Marissa. Hub Pro have now made a few minor changes and the hub has been transferred to WanderWisdom. I'm thrilled of course but not sure that it will prove beneficial to me in terms of viewings.

2. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 16 months ago

Interesting hub, glad it's moved over.

Glenis Rixposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I still don't know if there are any benefits attached to having a blog moved. I suppose it's not much more than recognition that it's a hub that meets the hubpages standards. I'm pleased you enjoyed it:)

1. lobobrandon profile image91
        lobobrandonposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Many of the niche sites are seeing much better traffic than the regular HubPages domain, so it does have its benefits. Also being among similar high quality articles it would be found when people are going through related articles.

working