jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Tips on Personalized Gifts to Stay More Connected i

1. Asoul profile image60
    Asoulposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

This is my my first post on  hubpages and I haven't passed the first step. Please help me understand what needs to be worked on or any crucial instruction that I may have missed.

Tips on Personalized Gifts to Stay More Connected in Our Relationships (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 14 months ago

My first reaction is that your headline is too long. Try to identify the essence of your story and boil it down to a three of four word title. What will somebody type in a search engine window if they are looking for the information you offer. Something like "Gifts to Strengthen Love?" Not sure that's quite right but you get the idea.

The are a few writing problems "Here are some handful gifting tips ..." Handful?

"Gift Giving during holidays ..." giving should be lower case.

"The most important gift of I Love You. Whether they are written on ..."  What's the period doing in there? Also gift is singular so it should be "whether it is ..."

The Hub seems a little short and I'm not sure its contents are unique. There are masses of helpful tips here on HP requirements:

https://hubpageshelp.com/

1. Asoul profile image60
      Asoulposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thank You Rupert for pointing these things. Is there a requirement for number of words?

3. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 14 months ago

My understanding is that 700 is the minimum, but I've seen comments in forums that claim less is OK. However, when editing a Hub there's a panel top right that says "Need some goals?" and it starts at 700 words.

1. Asoul profile image60
      Asoulposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Yes, that's what I saw, hence the confusion. Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

working