jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is PyraBang?

1. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago

I'm getting traffic from PyraBang.com but can't figure out what they are all about from their site or why I am getting traffic from there. Any ideas?

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

I have no idea. When I just looked at google analytics about an hour ago, I am getting a bunch of traffic from some very odd places. It could be Log spam. (Somehow people put their sites in your logs and hope that you'll visit them.) I really don't worry about it too much. I focus on Google, Yahoo, and MSN and don't spend too much time on anything else.

3. Herald Daily profile image83
    Herald Dailyposted 8 years ago

Never heard of them, or Logspam for that matter.  How on earth do people get their sites in your logs?

Boy, do I have a lot to learn!

4. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago

It's got to be something like that, Nelle. The site appears to be one offering advertising for writers like us. I noticed them from HP not from Analytics, but it was just so strange! I thought maybe somebody had stolen some of my work word for word since many of my hubs have embedded links to other hubs of mine.

Thanks!

5. LyrialZander profile image73
    LyrialZanderposted 8 years ago

I went to PyraBang.com and they are an advertising site that seems to be posing as a social network. Here is the front page promise:

"Get 100,000 impressions of your news, music, entertainment or advertising for $1.00!"

I wonder what they charge to join...

Sounds like another scam.

6. LyrialZander profile image73
    LyrialZanderposted 8 years ago

Trial membership is free, and you can earn from a free membership, but Gold members have to pay %5.95 and they earn more. Plus they gold members decide what gets seen.

It all sounds  very confusing though.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image91
      Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That was why I came here to ask. I went on their site and was so absolutely baffled that I headed back here immediately. Unless they make things less confusing they aren't going to get many people signing up, are they? That's why it looks like a scam. Thanks!

working