jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Broken link

1. SheilaMilne profile image91
    SheilaMilneposted 11 months ago

I have a broken link warning on one of my hubs. It is highlighted within the hub but, as far as I can see, it isn't broken. I have re-inserted it and re-published several times but it's still showing as broken. Any suggestions?

In its published state, you can still access the link (with a warning) even though it is crossed through, and it does work.

2. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 11 months ago

I've had the same problem on one of my Hubs for a long time now. Hoping we can fix this problem. The link that is tagged as broken is not only a good link but links to a very good academic article that is kind of crucial to my Hub. I'm especially concerned about this because I think the Hub might be a candidate for a niche site and I'd hate for the link to get edited out at some point; I've left the link on the Hub because it is a very valid and important link.

3. Glenn Stok profile image92
    Glenn Stokposted 11 months ago

Maybe is it possible that the link you're using is redirecting? If so, it may be failing the "good link" test for that reason. 

Do a Google search for "301 redirect checker" and test your link with one of those tools.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Glenn, I'm going to check it.

working