jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

My first poem on hp. Did I do it right?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image96
    TessSchlesingerposted 13 months ago

I don't usually publish poetry on hubpages because, from experience, fiction and poetry don't do to well. However, with so much happening that appears to be propelling us to WWIII, I felt I wanted to share this poem.

http://hubpages.com/literature/A-Poem-a … ible-Thing

My issue is that I'm not sure how to best present poems on HP.

What works best?

Thanks.

1. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I just read your poem and the presentation is fine. You have added additional text which is good. HubPages likes you to add a video but not essential. That's up to you.

TessSchlesingerposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Okat. Thanks  I would love to be able to do a video reciting the poem but have no idea how to do it.

1. Jodah profile image89

You can video yourself reciting it, put it on YouTube and then copy and save the link on the hub. Saying that, I have not done that. I have had other people recite my poems on YouTube videos though.

That's just it! I wouldn't know how to video myself, and I'm very camera shy. What I would like to do is do some sort of power point presentation, do a voice over of the poem, and then convert it into a video. Unhappily, I don't know how to do that.

Who does your videos for you?

1. Jodah profile image89

I submitted one poem to a writers festival where you could have it read by a professional actor and put on YouTube for $15 or they'd make a short movie out of it for I think $150. However since then, my son reads them and puts them on YouTube for me. He doesn't video himself just chooses an appropriate picture and does a voice over.

2. profile image61
      Farlin Ninangposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I just read your poem from your given link and I must say that it lacks of something. I can't just really directly say what's lacking but check your poem again and again and you'll see the missing piece that I have said. But then, good choice of words.

I assume you're a troll because you joined 35 hours ago. Your opinion has little worth when you have no idea why you're saying something. I take it as malice.

What I was asking about was the presentation of the poem - how it is laid out.

Jodah gave me the kind of information I was looking for.

2. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 13 months ago

My mother groaned my father wept.
    Into the dangerous world I leapt:
    Helpless, naked, piping loud;
    Like a fiend hid in a cloud.

If you think the above poem is OK, you should forget about poetry right now, lol.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago

The last link to more rhyming poetry is unlikely to be approved, as it's not related to the main topic of the Hub.

Aha. Thank you. I will remove it.

working