jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

How do you delete a Hub?

1. mejane profile image56
    mejaneposted 8 years ago

I have searched the help and looked everywhere on the editing page, but cannot figure out how to delete a hub.  I created a duplicate (because I couldn't figure out how to get back the the first one I created).  Now I would like to delete the unpublished one.

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

When you click on the hub (the editing page) there is a grayish box along the top above the square where you put in title and all that. It says This Hub and has a list of options, one is delete. click on it and there you go.

1. mejane profile image56
      mejaneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Aha, my problem was that I was clicking on the Edit button to access the Hub rather than clicking on the link to my Hub.  If you click the Edit button, there are no buttons at the top of the page.

Thanks!

3. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 8 years ago

just open you hub ,

& click on delete button just up above the title.

http://shri.krishna.name/01052009106.jpg

4. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

You're very welcome, glad I could help smile

5. lafenty profile image76
    lafentyposted 8 years ago

I have posted this question elsewhere and never got an answer.  How do you delete an unpublished hub?  Do I have to publish it first and then delete it? Or can it just sit there forever?

1. oxymoron profile image56
      oxymoronposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You need not publish for deleting.

After finishing the editing, you can delete. It will be gone in a day or so.

2. profile image0
      Janettaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

if it sits unpublished too long, it will run the risk of being flagged substandard. To delete, just click the tiny edit button next to the hub title in the my acct section. Then click the delete button. It will hang around in your 'my acct' section for a bit, but it will be marked 'deleted'.

6. oxymoron profile image56
    oxymoronposted 8 years ago

Why do you delete one?

7. lafenty profile image76
    lafentyposted 8 years ago

There is no delete button in the editing section.  The delete
    button only shows up after it is published. Or am I just crazy. I want to delete it because I had a major mispelling in the URL which I didn't notice until I'd finished it.  By then it was too late to go back and change it.  So I rewrote the hub, and just want to get rid of the first one.  Help!!

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, there is a delete before you publish. I think it is still in the same place (at the top above the title box sect.) I have deleted hubs that were never published. Also, you can change the URL all you want until you publish it.

You will need to save it unpublished first to see the delete option

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

you can change a hub even when it has been up there for weeks, by going back into it and editing it...

working