Have you ever chosen to delete any of your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (45 posts)
  1. CWanamaker profile image95
    CWanamakerposted 11 years ago

Have you ever chosen to delete any of your hubs?

If so, why? Did it have the affect that you were looking for?

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image63
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

Yes I did once because of a duplication somehow, I had to delete  it.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Nope. Some people here recommend that you delete "underperforming" Hubs because too many of them may drag down your overall Hub score, but I leave'em up. Even my "underperformers" still manage to pick up a couple of random views every month so I leave'em alone.
    ...besides, who knows, the day after I deleted a Hub may have been the day when it would suddenly "take off!"

4. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

Yes. I have deleted two and unpublished one other.

5. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

The only hub I deleted was one I was 'going' to write but then changed my mind.  I was going to write on dog parks but the one I was going to go to closed leaving me no first-hand material.

6. Judah's Daughter profile image77
    Judah's Daughterposted 11 years ago

When I was new on HubPages, if a hub was not getting many views over a period of time, I deleted them.  However, I've since decided rather to 'unpublish' them, so I could decide to add or change them at any time in the future to 'republish'.  Adding content and tags, photos and/or videos can bring any 'dead' hub back to life.

7. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 11 years ago

I have never deleted a Hub but have deleted articles on other web sites to pulish them on Hubpages. Yes it had the effect I was looking for, many of my readers from the other site now read my articles on Hubpages.

8. CynDwyer profile image65
    CynDwyerposted 11 years ago

No. I deleted an article that I posted to the yahoo contributor network and reposted here instead.

9. Global-Chica profile image90
    Global-Chicaposted 11 years ago

I've deleted one hub which had a low score (high 60's), wasn't getting traffic and wasn't on an evergreen topic.  In terms of the affect it had - I'm not sure what you mean exactly but I'm glad to no longer see the hub in my stats.

10. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 11 years ago

I usually try to rework underperforming Hubs. But I do delete some of them when I see that nothing I do is working.

When Panda hit over a year ago and my traffic dropped dramatically, I deleted the Hubs that were not getting any Google traffic and I noticed my overall traffic came back up. There's no way to know if this was related, but Google did say that Panda would lower the overall ranking of a site (or subdomain) if there were any poor content. So I removed my poor content at that time.

Besides all that, I put preference on analyzing my Google reports, rethinking the title I use, and researching keywords based on people's search terms (HubPages shows this in the stats). Using all that I try to improve my Hubs before deciding to delete them.

11. dilipchandra12 profile image64
    dilipchandra12posted 11 years ago

Yes, i have deleted so many hubs which did not get traffic for so long time.

12. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I have deleted 2 hubs. One was very personal and written when I was in a highly emotional state immediately after the death of a friend. I don't regret writing or sharing it, but ultimately I didn't feel that it was appropriate or representative of my other work.

The other hub I deleted was a hub about what I want from hubbing, written in my early days here. I kind of do regret deleting it, even though I don't think it would ever have drawn a lot of readers. The main reason I deleted it was that I had referred to my old job as a dead end job that stifled creativity as part of the job description. I went back to that job briefly, and felt uncomfortable about having it up there. I could have just unpublished or edited it, but what the heck it's true, I should have just left it.

13. gabgirl12 profile image61
    gabgirl12posted 11 years ago

Yes. I deleted one just yesterday. I have several that I begin and gain information as I go. One however I just couldn't get all the info straight so I deleted it. I also managed to publish one that I had 'previously' deleted, but I saved it. It was a good decision.

14. profile image0
    markbennisposted 11 years ago

Yes I did with dire consequences for my traffic and comments which were accumulated because of that hub.  Over 1000 plus comments gone!  Also over 40,000 page views gone! 

I don’t think I will be making that mistake again, nope!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG! What ever possesed you to delete such a high performing hub?

2. profile image0
      markbennisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well it was a hub that sparked fierce debate between those against recruitment agencies and, well recruitment agencies themselves.The debating in the comments box had gone to far LOL, and although the opposition had repeatedly flagged it to high heav

3. gabgirl12 profile image61
      gabgirl12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, sounds like it had enormous potential. Is it anywhere else online? I hope you kept a 'draft' of it. Sounds like a great read. I love controversy.

4. profile image0
      markbennisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@gabgirl12,
      Unfortunately no copies left and no doubt de-indexed by-now from Google, Ffs. But, there is one Huber who knows how it was, as he was one of the regulars in the debate, LOL, so come on Matthew Kirk did you keep a copy?  LOL…

15. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Yes, I deleted a hub on stress. After I wrote it, my writer friend told me it was not unique. I realized the same thing,  plus it was too broad a subject. I may write one later on a narrow subject related to stress. It wasn't getting much traffic, so I pulled it. It was a learning experience.

16. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

I deleted 12 hubs and now I won't be deleting anymore as I'll think before writing and not write about topics that don't have a chance to rank well.

17. cloverleaffarm profile image68
    cloverleaffarmposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have deleted several hubs. I delete hubs when they no longer "work" here, and then republish them on my blog where they do well. I also delete them from here when I have changed my mind about where I want to publish them. I also unpublish the ones that aren't doing well, rework them, and republish them.

18. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 11 years ago

I deleted one, rewrote it and published it again. It's one of my best hubs.

19. YvetteParker profile image61
    YvetteParkerposted 11 years ago

I agree with FatFreddysCat. Shortly, after I began hubbing, I did delete a few of the underperformers for a brief period of time for the same reason as stated by FatFreddysCat; but did not notice a positive change to my overall score.
    I, like sunilkunnoth2012, deleted a hub for duplication reasons. However, I rewrote and published a similar hub~same topic but with a different spin on it.

20. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

There is one I have not published that I will probably delete, since I can't find a way to illustrate it the way I wan to. I am considering deleting one or two early ones. But, it may be a better idea to edit and improve Hubs, as I have read  in Hubs by more experienced writers.

21. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 11 years ago

Yes, I had to delete three of my hubs because I chose not to write them just yet. two of them were on cooking; however, I felt as though I wanted to make a video for each, so I decided to delete them.

22. somethgblue profile image74
    somethgblueposted 11 years ago

I have deleted about ten, some because editing them wouldn't have increased readership and they were lame.

Some were flagged by Hub Pages in what I thought was an attempt at censorship and decided not to play their game and just deleted them.

So my choice was either rewrite them or delete them and being the lazy artist that I am, I chose the easier route.

23. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 11 years ago

I have never deleted any of my hubs as they always all get traffic. Some more than others but consistently. Sometimes I do refresh the content and change some elements and more closely target the tags. But delete never.

24. Mr. Happy profile image69
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

Yes, I deleted a few here and there. Just cleaning-up. One hub I deleated was because I wrote it to chew someone-up and that person left Hub-pages. I had made my point and I did not care to leave it around for no reason.

I also brought-up hubs I had taken off at the request of friends.

It's tough when You get in the hundreds of posts ... I think cleaning-up once in a while can be good (at least for me), just to keep track of things.

25. TheHoleStory profile image69
    TheHoleStoryposted 11 years ago

Yes I have chosen to delete a hub before. It turned out to be a real lemon, and nobody would even take a second to comment on it. Looking back now I don't blame them one little bit.

26. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

I have never deleted a hub, but I'm thinking about doing it to one that I published and was flagged for duplication.  I don't know how to get around it because of the subject matter and facts. It's political and the facts can be found many places on the internet.

27. lovesleftovers profile image66
    lovesleftoversposted 11 years ago

Nope. Never. It's funny, but you never really know which hub might actually become popular enough to make you some money. Unless you really think a hub is sub-standard, I would advise leaving it alone. You can always try changing the title, description and/or tags of a hub - that seems to work well also.

28. jainismus profile image72
    jainismusposted 11 years ago

I occasionally delete some non-performing Hubs.

29. Hunbbel Meer profile image76
    Hunbbel Meerposted 11 years ago

Actually, I just deleted a hub 24 hours ago.

The reason was more of a technical nature. Moreover, I will be deleting a couple more in the next few days. The reason is that I want these hubs to get published on my blog.

30. Pollyannalana profile image61
    Pollyannalanaposted 11 years ago

I think I had over 500 at one time, and now I have less than 100. I wasn't writing for money and to me I moved on to other things than I was writing about and put much of my stuff on a couple of sites and I am pleased where I am now, yes.

31. katyzzz profile image61
    katyzzzposted 11 years ago

Yes and I am about to do a whole heap more deleting to early hubs which do pull down my overall score, I might do so, one by one, see how it all goes, with others Hubpages became just too demanding so I just deleted any I was having trouble with, I already consider I spend far too much time,here, which has increased lately, for not much, well barely mentionable really, return.

My goodness you've got a lot of response here.

1. katyzzz profile image61
      katyzzzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've just changed my mind, I didn't have the heart to delete when there were comments there, from people good enough to leave them, no matter how few, looks like I'll just keep low scoring, well that's life!

32. JamaGenee profile image76
    JamaGeneeposted 11 years ago

I've never deleted an already-published hub, but have deleted several hubs-in-progress I decided would never grow into a full-fledged nub. Even "low-performing" hubs get a surprise spike in traffic every now and then. 

Mostly, though, I won't delete an already-published hub because I don't want to lose the aging it already has.  Instead, I'll rework it and spiff it up in whatever ways are appropriate.

33. nick071438 profile image57
    nick071438posted 11 years ago

Yes- I've deleted quite a number and regret having done it.  Nonperforming hubs may be unpublished as suggested by some.  They can be reedited and have other worthy elements added to add color and flavor before clicking the publish button once more.  Who knows someday, they could be a lifetime achievement.   I think they could be compiled and made into a book.

34. alancaster149 profile image76
    alancaster149posted 11 years ago

I haven't deleted any Hub-pages... Yet. The thought has crossed my mind, but having tracked the progress of some I thought weren't doing anything, I've noticed 'upward activity'. You can't expect all your Hubs to perform well. If they're worth reading, the audience may come back to them. Alternatively, you get new readers all the time, so leave a Hub in that you think is just 'sitting there' and track it over time. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised. Just keep adding quality, and your audience will grow.

35. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 11 years ago

Yes and I plan to delete more underperforming hubs and publish elsewhere....Still trying to come up with ways to create new content that hasn't really been done with in depth insight....I do drawing tutorials and I want to expand existing ones and new ones with detailed inspirational videos and illustrations because on the face of it, no one else seems to go into details with drawing tutorials with both pictures and video content, so I'm on a mission to make my art tutorials outstanding and more search engine friendly...at least that's the plan!

36. Johnathan L Groom profile image36
    Johnathan L Groomposted 11 years ago

yes, because i was told to by the maintenance staff!

37. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I deleted a few just because they weren't getting any traffic. A few I moved to one of my websites. I don't think it helped moving them as far as Hubpage traffic went though.

38. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

Typically I try to rewrite the hub, add some new information and maybe some pictures. I have deleted some hubs when they were fairly commercial with too many Amazon products but kept a low score despite my efforts to improve it.

39. eric2112 profile image69
    eric2112posted 11 years ago

I struggle with this question every day. I have one or two Hubs that have very few views over the course of 3 years now. I have tried editing them and improving the use of key words, but still they get almost no traffic.

I had considered deleting them, however, once in a great while they still get a view or two. It doesn't seem to be affecting my overall Hubber score, so I will just leave them be. One view is better than none, right?

Cheers!

40. LouCannon profile image69
    LouCannonposted 9 years ago

I have deleted a couple of hubs over the last month... They were ones that I felt I needed to construct to share specific information, but my heart just wasn't in them and it showed. I wrote, published and then realized -- they were just garbage! My choice to delete had very little to due with actual 'scores' and everything to do with how I want to represent myself through my writing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)