jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Why is Wisconsin so amazing?

1. iijuan12 profile image88
    iijuan12posted 9 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why is Wisconsin so amazing?. What can I do to improve it? It has been labeled as having spammy elements. I have 1325 words, 20 images,  and a variety of capsules. It is part of a series I created to provide teachers with the best children's books and free worksheets and video clips to use when studying each of the 50 states. Thank you for your suggestions!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Hi iijuan12. Your hub is good. ☺
      You have included way too many links and 3 amazon products. Hubpages now doesn't allow that many amazon capsules. Even if you are including, one is enough and it should be directly related to your hub.
      The links are so many. Add only the ones that are absolutely essential to your hub. There is one about directing to your own hub. You can't do that.
      That is why your hub is being unfeatured. These are "spammy elements". Remove all the unwanted links and amazon capsules.
      I hope this helps. Good luck dear! ☺

iijuan12posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the input! The 5 links and 3 amazon modules I included are all wanted and placed there with much thought and done on purpose. From what I have read, we're limited to 2 links per web address and are allowed to have an amazon module for every 300 words. Have those policies changed?

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
          SakinaNasir53posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I don't know about those details. But one thing I know is that if you add too many links and amazon capsules, your hub won't be featured. There is that tag then "spammy elements." If the HubPages team doesn't feel that they are directly related to your hub they may not feature your hub for this reason.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 9 months ago in reply to this

This kind of hub (or lens if you are ex Squidoo) used to do very well. The problem is that HubPages wants articles to be complete. They don't want readers being sent off to other sites. So you might think about culling the links.

You must make sure that your photos are legal-to-use. Credits are not enough, they have to belong to you, be Creative Commons licensed or in the Public Domain. Otherwise you need permission to use them. For example, the photo of the water slides is on a page with a copyright notice at the bottom. If it's your photo, then it's best to say so. The photo of the cow, taken from How Stuff Works is actually a Getty Images photo. You could get sued if you haven't paid for it. Even Wikipedia images must be credited correctly to the copyright owner.

The content is a bit thin, text-wise. Your hub relies on photos, videos, links and book descriptions. Could you add more relevant information? I think you have to work on making it a useful resource in its own right, rather than curated content.

You could try reducing the Amazon capsules for the time being, then adding them back to see what happens.

The hub finishes abruptly - perhaps you could add a conclusion?

Hope some of those suggestions help.

iijuan12posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the suggestions!

working