jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Duplicate Content and DMCA Removal Question

1. Midnight Muse profile image82
    Midnight Museposted 9 months ago

I have a technical question regarding duplicate content.

I am going through the process of requesting DMCA removals before I publish articles from some of my old website pages, but some of the content was copied to various other locations without my permission so I have to submit DMCA requests.. In some cases, the content was physically removed from the copyright violator's webpage but it is still showing up in a Google search. I realize that it will eventually drop, but that it will take some time.

So, on that thought.... Do I need to wait until the content disappears from the Google search, or is it alright to publish the article as long as the content does not physically appear on the copyright violator's webpage?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

https://support.google.com/websearch/tr … 4&rd=1

You probably should go to the above URL and request that Google remove these articles from the other websites.  I would not post them until this has been taken care of.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 months ago in reply to this

....but if you don't do that, the article will disappear all by itself within a week or so.  So it's just a question of how patient you're feeling.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I would normally agree with you, but it appears the OP has waited quite awhile for those articles to disappear so should now take action.

working