I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Does Hate Contribute to Society's Structure, Does it (also) Make the World Go Around? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
There are several issues with your hub.
1. The title is much too long. A title should represent the content of the article and consist of searchable keywords.
2. You are attempting to set the hub up as a discussion. This may work but is unlikely to unless you can attract enough traffic. Hubpages is a magazine site. I would remove references to 'the moderator' and 'discussion'. If you get enough comments then you can reintroduce all that later.
3. Are you writing to the title? Read it again... your hub is about divisions between black and white, not about the structure of society. You may want to rethink the title completely.
4. Beware of gobbledegook (nonsense). For example, "The problem White people have is with their own White Government as well as with each other because Black Folks have no control over affairs of White people." That makes no sense at all.
Here's another, "Purposeful hate. Black Folks, if you hate America, that's okay; if you hate White people, that's okay too because your argument(s) are valid.
Unless hate. White Foks, if you hate the American Government, that's alright because the government has failed you..."
5. Capitalization. See the above sentence. White and black should be lower case.
6. While I understand your frustration, articles like this only underline division instead of bringing people together. Any time, there is 'us and them', black and white', 'this principle vs that principle', hate and love', there is division. Do you want to be someone who promulgates hatred, or someone who uplifts and educates?
7. Paste your text into an online grammar checker (Grammarly and Hemingway are two suggestions) as there are many grammatical inaccuracies.
8. Don't copy and paste from other websites, such as the BBC. That is called plagiarism and is illegal. HubPages will never sanction plagiarized content. You can quote small 'bites', with a citation, but not whole sections to pass off as your own work as you are doing at the end of the hub.
9. Remove the links temporarily. Add them back in later, one at a time.
This article needs a lot of work, but you can do it, and perhaps make it useful and informative, rather than a cauldron of hatred. Good luck.
I'm not sure the hub lives up to the title. It seems more of a rant than a piece of the structure of society. I recommend putting together an outline of what you want to say and then rewrite sections of the article using the outline.
Also, I would shorten the title.
Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate the tips!
I agree, the title could be shortened and still reflect my ultimate thought. However, 'social structure' - the pattern of relations between large social groups, in this article the "structure of social network ties between individuals or organizations" being 'hate.'
The article is meant as a question to promote a discussion about hate, not only among race but of class. I shall rephrase some paragraphs for clarity. In capitalization, I attempting to show respect in the identity of Whites and Blacks.
Plagiarism, giving credit to the source(s) is serious business, can I paraphrase?
The article is not meant to underline hate but rather to question it's reasonableness.
What is this heading asking? I don't understand it: "Why like that you may ask yourself?"
Thanks, Melbel, it is the 'bottom line' of the article; which is "why a discussion with blacks about whites and discussion with whites about whites," that is, white supremacy targeting blacks as the culprits of white oppression instead of the American government as culprits of white oppression. Indicating ethnocentricism and xenophobia as whites people.
by Justine Mulenga 2 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Silence is not the answer (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by L.M. Hosler 10 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Hurricanes: Be Prepared to Stay Safe. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by John Ray 7 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Calculator Techniques for Engineering Mechanics. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Chitrangada Sharan 7 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article 23 Finest, and Easily Available Antioxidants Rich Food, for Your Daily Diet. What can I do to improve? I have got a message from HP team that it has ‘Spammy elements.’Thanks!
by Saurav Banthia 10 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article World's Top 10 Airports. What can I do to improve? Thanks!Also, even after editing my article I am not able to repost it for Featured Hubs Check? Can anyone inform me about the...
by Kannan Reddy 9 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Baba - Short story of a dog. What can I do to improve? I can't think anything to improve this as it is creative writing. A short story.Please help.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|