I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article 7 Uncommon Ways to Boost Your Immune System (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
I'm surprised that hasn't passed QAP. The only thing I can see is that in the first photo, the toothpaste tube looks slightly blurred. I think that's deliberate, but the moderator might have assessed it as "pixelated". So I'd try a different photo.
One more tip - Pixabay doesn't require you to credit the source at all. It is a courtesy to do so, but I'd advise NOT pasting in the source URL on each photo. It's not necessary and creates a whole lot of irrelevant links.
Hi. I know you're a professional, but I think you need to include references for the benefits that you describe. In addition to saying things like "Studies show..." or "Biologists found...", it would be good to give web addresses or the title of journal articles in a Sources section at the end of your hub.
There is another thing that struck me when I was reading your article. The bio at the top of your hub states the specific name of your chiropractic business and then in the hub itself you say that chiropractic is one way to boost the immune system. It seems a little promotional to me, even though this may have been unintentional.
I believe that HubPages has changed its policy on posting links to photo sources. Writers are required to post sources and links to the original photos. It was optional in the past, but is required now. The link you provided does not seem to be working.
No, it's not necessary. However, it's always a good idea for new hubbers to cite their image sources.
Having said that, the individual image license dictates how the image can be used. So, in the case of Pixabay and similar sites, no attribution is required. When it comes to other Creative Commons licences, citation and linking may be a condition of use. It is up to the writer to check.
Here's a few thoughts to add to the mix ...
Firstly, HP gets in a bit of a twist about anything complementary or alternative when it comes to medical issues. And they're chasing 'authority' and 'experts' because they seem to lack confidence in their authors. So I suggest you completely restructure your article. Here's what I think you should do ...
- Add a hub-specific profile description. There's an option when editing, near where you add copyright notice. Your profile on the hub shouldn't be about business, but more like ... 'Dr Daron Stegall, lead consultant and licensed chiropractor in Keller, Texas.'
- Start off by establishing yourself as an authority because of your professional status.
- Don't have chiro as #7, or even any number. Instead, at the beginning of your article explain that your work requires you to have an understanding of immune issues. Talk about chiro there. (At the moment you just have a dribble of single sentences as paragraphs at the head.) And from your professional status and experience, give a transition line that leads into your 7 'less common but more fun' tips for improving immune system.
- You're deleting Chiro, so create a capsule/number for 'Eating Foods To Stimulate Immune System'. Probably about #4 (midway) and in there talk about foods and what you feed your child and your responsibility as a parent ... and lead into your video. Your video would be better positioned midway.
- Flossing is boring for #1. I'd suggest singing and having sex should be 1 and 2. Move flossing down further.
- Rearrange existing numbers to meet your 7. (You've dropped chiro and added foods instead.)
- Change your poll title. (Really ... 'Which one do you think is the most effective way to improve immunity?' ... That's not the kind of question you can expect to attract answers.) It should ask something like 'How Do You Stimulate Your Immune System?' Then in the minor line of text add: 'Choose the one you use most often, or think is most fun.'
You'll have to change your poll options to match your new #s in order.
Get rid of chiro from poll. Check your capital letters, eg Investing.
I'd suggest Wine as #7
Then the poll
Then your final words.
However 'Final Words' is an ineffective capsule title. Get rid of the heading and just leave the text if you want.
Of course, even if you go to all this trouble you can't be certain they'll publish your article ... but I think they'd be mad if they didn't. It should meet their needs just fine. Good luck.
The desire for an expert in this area may be because making therapeutic claims for products that are not FDA-approved is actually Federally illegal in the US. So if someone reports it to FDA they may get a formal reprimand and if someone follows the advice and is harmed they could sue.
Wow... Thanks for weighing in everybody.
That was awesome feedback!
I will try to schedule half my day out of the office to make all these changes! haha. Just Kidding.
I honestly do appreciate the time you took to help me.
by PhoenixV 7 years ago
What Are The Best Ways To Boost Your Immune System?What Are The Best Ways To Boost Your Immune System?
by Purches Power 3 years ago
Hi Hubbers,This article has not passed QAP. Though it has a higher score than my previous articles. I have had no input as to why it hasn't passed, I've proofread it and the grammar is spot on, photos are available for reuse or my own.. So WTF is wrong?!!I'd like some help with passing the Quality...
by David B Katague 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article? What can I do to improve? Thanks!Here is my article: The Day the World Trembled-September 11, 2001
by Steven 123 info 14 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article? What can I do to improve? Thanks!Here is my article: Tips for Lose Belly Fat (must be signed in to view)
by Peter Eze 3 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article The Mysteries of Kellyanne (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by MomsTreasureChest 3 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article How to Make Tortilla Bowls. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2020 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|