jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Help! - My Amazon Account was closed!

1. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 9 months ago

Okay, I've said this numerous times in numerous posts recently, because it's true, but I've recently come  back to HP after a very long absence and have discovered a lot of changes.  One change that has nothing to do with HP, other than being somewhat of an income source, was that my Amazon Associates account was closed.  I thought I'd reactivated it, but just found out tonight that I can't do that.  I had to apply for a new account.  Okay, did that.  When I added my new Associate ID to the HP/Amazon configuration page is when I became confused.

The text suggested I continue, so I did.  My impression was that I was accepting the Amazon Associate ID rather than the HP Amazon program, however, my new Amazon Associate ID is not displayed and some other hpnumber is.  So, I'm guessing I accepted the HP Amazon program instead, right?  What happens to my Amazon Associate ID then?  Especially if no sales come in because of the hpnumber?  Or are they linked somehow?  Will the hpnumber remain active even if no sales are recorded? Instead of closing within 180 days like the Amazon Associate ID threatens to do?

1. peachpurple profile image74
      peachpurpleposted 9 months agoin reply to this

honestly, mine was closed after there wasn't any incoming or outgoing funds in my amazon account.

But it came back again in 2016, I don't know why either...

Rafiniposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I finally called them and found out I had to reapply for a new account.

2. Marisa Wright profile image96
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 months ago

Most of us don't use our own Amazon account on HubPages.  One of the new things introduced while you were away, is that you can now use a HubPages' subsidiary account, which lets you earn a higher percentage commission.

Rafiniposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I noticed that and that is what is confusing me.  Because it seemed I had to sign up for the amazon associate ID in order to activate the hpnumber for amazon, 

so would you guess that since I have the hpnumber rather than the unique amazon id that i "created"  that I did indeed sign up for the hp subsidiary account?

3. Marisa Wright profile image96
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 months ago

It does sound like it.

working