jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Kaby Lake: To buy or not to buy; that is the questi

1. profile image64
    Non Linear Nygmaposted 10 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Kaby Lake: To buy or not to buy; that is the question (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image56
      jerrycarmanposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Real nice job posting your piece. I do not believe you need any further assistance with your piece. Good luck and keep on writing.

2. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Several issues.

Too many shouty exclamation marks. While you have a good, easygoing style of writing, too much of it can look unprofessional and 'in your face'.

Typos and grammar problems. Most could be fixed if you took the time to edit your work. Read it out loud and you'll pick up lots. For example Kaby Lake should always capitalised as I've done. It's not 'Kaby lake'.

A little too much jargon - What is OC when used as a verb?

Cut the length of some of your sentences.

Don't use the image capsule 'Source' as a caption field. The source field must show the origin of the image, which should be legal-to-use.

Use your sub-headings as keyword opportunities, i.e. use Kaby Lake in one or two of them. Example: Benefits of Upgrading to Kaby Lake. Also use title case, as I did.

Remember that you are not writing a blog post. You are writing an article. One that should be useful, informative and professional.

Hope that helps.

1. profile image64
        Non Linear Nygmaposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Thanks a tonne for your feedback!
        I'm really new to the game, may be a little to late, so constructive criticism like yours are all the pointers I have.
        Again thanks

1. theraggededge profile image100
          theraggededgeposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Never too late. Write more smile

3. SakinaNasir53 profile image97
      SakinaNasir53posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Hi Non Linear Nygma! ☺ Welcome to HubPages!

I suggest the following points:

1. Add more images. One is not enough. Specify the source name of your image.

2. Add an appropriate video if you can.

3. Break your text under bullets and numbering. This will make your hub look neater and easily scannable.

4. Add tables, callout capsules and polls if appropriate to increase reader engagement.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

working