I'd like feedback on my Hub: Dynamic Linking in Visual C++

1. profile image60
    sweekriteeposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Dynamic Linking in Visual C++ (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

There are several issues with your hub.

While I think you might be able to get away with less than perfect English in an article like this, your intro should at least, make sense. You can't really begin a hub like this:

"Yes, prefer dynamic linking over static linking because, it helps save memory and reduces swapping."

Are you saying yes to some imaginary question? And who prefers dl? It needs rewording... something like "Most programmers/coders prefer dynamic linking over static linking because..." No need for a comma after because.

Get rid of the 'Dear friends'. Your readers are not your dear friends, you don't know them and it looks unprofessional. You are writing a technical piece; you don't need to have little cozy phrases tucked into it. 'Wow' can also go.

Explain 'implicit' and 'explicit'.

Change decission to decision. Always run your text through a spell-checker. If you have problems with English grammar, have an English-speaking friend read it through for you

Give better explanations as to why you are performing certain actions - don't assume your readers know everything. As the article is too short in word length, you have plenty of scope to add some good detailed explanations.

Add an appropriate image near to the top of the page.

Remove the ratings capsule - that is for recipes only.

I'm sure your hub will be very useful. Make the edits suggested above and, hopefully, it will be approved.

Good luck.

1. profile image60
        sweekriteeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for giving your time, going thoroughly with the hub and suggesting modifications! Will try best to fix them out.

working