jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

My Avira Browser Safety is blocking text links in edit mode

1. Titia profile image95
    Titiaposted 9 months ago

I was editing a hub and wanted to make a text link, but as soon as I hit the little link icon the Avira Browser Safety is blocking it. It says HP is an unsafe site. I've been at it all afternoon in trying to solve this, but without succes. Is there anybody here who can help me out with this problem?

1. kenneth avery profile image85
      kenneth averyposted 9 months agoin reply to this

@Titia, you need to email teamhubpages.com and tell them about this situation, but this I DO know. HubPages is NOT an unsafe site. I have been a member of HP for now going on Six years and in this span of time, I have NEVER got a  warning or email telling me to Avoid HP.
      Go in peace my friend.

1. Titia profile image95
        Titiaposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I know it's safe, haven't had this never before. I think it's an Avira or FF thing, but I don't know how to fix it.

1. kenneth avery profile image85
          kenneth averyposted 9 months agoin reply to this

@Titia, this is what the Team HubPages is for. To help you and I.

2. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Hi Titia, Avira has not made it clear why it thinks HubPages is a malware site and does not have any clear directions on how to unblock it.

As you can see in the Google Transparency Report HubPages is a safe site. https://www.google.com/transparencyrepo … bpages.com

We have submitted a false positive report to Avira. If this issue continues I suggest removing the plug-in.

1. Titia profile image95
        Titiaposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Matt,
        I know Avira has no clear directions to unblock the blocking. I've been searching all afternoon but never came across a solution. I think I will just unplug the whole thing. That is if I can find where to do that.

Edit to add: I finally found the place where I can unplug the Avira Browser Safety and textlinking in HP is possible again.

working