jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Black Voters and Election 2016

1. Emoijah Bridges profile image60
    Emoijah Bridgesposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Black Voters and Election 2016 (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I think it is a good start, but what about regular (non-celebrity) black people. Did they vote? If not, why not? Why would they "fairly question if going to the polls is really worthwhile"?

2. Luke Holm profile image93
    Luke Holmposted 7 months ago

Hi,

I would add video, a poll, and more pictures (with sources).  That should do it smile

3. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 months ago

Your Hub is too short. HP is a magazine-style platform and looks for 1,000 words and up. Your writing is good but you need more facts in your article. You also spend a lot of time on Kanye West rather than getting into the issue.

There isn't much information in the piece. Percentage of African Americans who didn't vote? Why didn't they vote? Was it because of Republican voter suppression techniques? Apathy?

Do you have permission to use the image? Images must be copyright free through the Creative Commons.

I suggest you spend some time at the Learning Center where you will find tonnes of useful tips. https://hubpageshelp.com/

4. simplehappylife profile image81
    simplehappylifeposted 7 months ago

Hey, Emoijah smile

Welcome to Hubpages! I agree with Rupert, your writing is good but you need More info, more visual appeal and more factually based info to support your title. Here's another great link to check out that outlines what makes a stellar hub smile https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub

5. Emoijah Bridges profile image60
    Emoijah Bridgesposted 7 months ago

Ok, thank you guys so much!

1. simplehappylife profile image81
      simplehappylifeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

You're Welcome smile  Happy Hubbing smile

working