jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you create a link? What about "sharing?"

1. William F. Torpey profile image70
    William F. Torpeyposted 10 years ago

Forgive the apparently basic questions, but I have no idea how it works when you highlight a word or phrase that, when clicked, takes you to someplace else. Also, I read bloggerdollar's great hub on "Share It" but is it advising that we sign up with dozens of social sites (with login and passwordl, etc.)? How does one keep track of all that?

1. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you talking about in a forum post? On your hub?

2. William F. Torpey profile image70

Thanks for the reply, darkside. I see lots of highlighted words or phrases on hubs; in fact I see one above on this "Post a reply" where "forum rules" is highlighted. Is there a difference whether you highlight on a hub or in the forum? Also, can you use a highlighted word to take someone reading your hub to another hub -- either mine or someone else's?

3. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 10 years ago

To create a link in your hub to somewhere else you highlight the word/s you want to become the link and then click on the http://hubpages.com/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/images/link.gif button.

A pop-up box will want you to insert a "Link URL".

If you want to make a link in a forum post... I won't go into detail, just hit the QUOTE button on this post and it'll show you the BB Code for the link below.

Understanding Capsules at HubPages

4. William F. Torpey profile image70

Thanks, again, darkside. As usual, your explanations are easy to understand. I really appreciate your help.

working