jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Photos on Twitter

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 6 months ago

I posted one of my hubs on Twitter yesterday and for the first time, I noticed that an image from the hub was immediately displayed.   That has never been the case in the past.

Sadly, it was a once off!  I find it a real nuisance having to find a photo on my computer every time I post a hub on twitter.  If this function had worked properly in the past I think it would have been a good idea to retain the Twitter button.  I also think more people would have used this function if the images had displayed properly.  I wish someone would take a look at this getting this so that an image from the hub will display every time without us having to go hunting for one on our computers.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 6 months ago in reply to this

True, Sally. It is wonderful. Just, I also shared one of my hubs and it is showing an image from the article. Never seen before.
      But, we have to copy the URL and then post it on twitter or on G+. They have removed the buttons long ago. I don't understand why.

sallybeaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Very nice but the image is only shown infrequently.  In fact, so far, it has only happened once.  I always copied the URL before like you so that I could add an image.  Not always easy when you have to go hunting for one on your computer though.

True. It is somewhat irritating to search for images each time. It should catch automatically. But, who will fix it? Hub Pages or the Twitter people?

Perhaps there could be a collaborative effort!  Many more people would use it if it worked correctly.

1. vocalcoach profile image94
              vocalcoachposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Yes, Sally, I would!

I think we all would.  There would be no need to add a button.  I have one on my google chrome browser.  I just want the images to display every time I post a hub and that is fairly regularly:)  Appreciate the support thanks, vocalcoach. So far I have had two images work correctly, that makes it two steps closer.

I don't keep the button for twitter. Already, I have one button for Pinterest and one for the Grammarly. So, I don't want more buttons on my browser. I am at ease by pasting the URLs whenever I want to share my content at G+ or Twitter.

I don't mind, either way, I would just like the images to appear instead of an empty block which does not look good, especially with what appears to be a new arrangement on Twitter.

working