jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hubs based on the ZX Spectrum computer

1. RetroBrothers profile image84
    RetroBrothersposted 6 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hubs Uridium Plus ZX Spectrum.

[url=http://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/ZXSpectrum[/url]The second hub is a real mystery as it was published years ago and had an overall score in the mid 90's. I'm not sure why it is now deemed to be 'low quality'. I also got a lot of good feedback by other hubbers back in the day!

What can I do to improve these hubs?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Remove the links smile All of them.

Then add them back in slowly - you'll find out which ones are tripping the filter. My guess are the ones linking to your blog.

RetroBrothersposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Okay I've removed a fair amount. It's funny how they were never an issue before; my blogs are on a relevant subject too.

Thanks for the response!  :-)

Things have changed lately. What was okay a couple of years ago is no longer so smile

Yes they have. Some of the changes are good, some of them seem to a huge step backwards. Hey ho, it's all fun!

2. RetroBrothers profile image84

It seems that no matter what I do, they will never ever be featured (even though one of them was for around 6 years)

The few links I have are totally relevant - I feel that Hub Pages are taking this too far. I think I'll just leave what I've got on Hub Pages and focus somewhere else.

The point is that your article should be able to stand alone as a fully-formed informational piece without relying on external links to prop it up. As I said, try removing ALL of them, and then add them back in gradually. You'll then find out which of them is tripping the filter.

I think it does, and it was my top rated hub for years. I've got the same links in other hubs and they remain featured.
                It's a very strange thing that is happening, especially with my ZX Spectrum Hub. Maybe it's too long?

As I say I doubt I'll pour much more effort into hub pages, I'll focus elsewhere.
                Thanks for your feedback and time, it's very much appreciated. Cheers!

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
                  Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

There's no such thing as "too long" on HubPages.   The oft-quoted ideal is 1,500 words, and they're even saying that Hubs up to 2,500 words do better. 

I suggest you read my Hub on the "Basic Rules" - you'll find it on the slider on my profile.   The rules have changed so many times and you need to be sure you know what they are.  In particular the one about relevant links.

I experimented and took all links out of one of the hubs. When I go to edit my hub it tells me it meets all criteria, but remains unfeatured. The cryptic nature of this is ridiculous.

I don't know why we can't just be given a straight reason. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I enjoyed my few years at Hub Pages. Cheers!

working