jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Can I use snapshots of mobile apps that I have taken myself?

1. Dev Axe profile image82
    Dev Axeposted 8 months ago

Suppose I want to mention some smartphone application on my Hub. Am I allowed to use its screen short and still monetize my article? And can same with done with videos of that which I have recorded myself using screen recorder?

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image96
      SakinaNasir53posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi Dev Axe! smile

I think you can use the screeshots, but mention it in your source that these are taken by you. You can use videos too, if they are yours or someone else's on YouTube. It's fine.

I hope this helps.

Dev Axeposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thank you :-)

2. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 8 months agoin reply to this

You have to be careful of violating copyright, so check with the app/game's creator/owner before assuming it's okay. They'll probably love it that you asked, and you may be able to establish a good working relationship with them regarding future products.

Thanks, this a sounds much safe process. But isn't a snapshot of some app, taken on my device, is not my property?

1. theraggededge profile image100
          theraggededgeposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Nope. The image - the artwork, belongs to its creator/owner. Would it be okay if I took a photo of another (copyright) photo and republished it?

No, it wouldn't.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image96
            SakinaNasir53posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Woah! I never knew about that Bev. Thank you for clearing this. smile

2. calvincrane profile image67
    calvincraneposted 8 months ago

Im just waiting for gaming companies to start to prohibit making money from videos made from live gaming.

Me too. Actually, they don't make any content of their own and make easy money.

working