jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Massive Drop in earnings last 4 days!

1. weezyschannel profile image86
    weezyschannelposted 6 months ago

I am a little befuddled as to why my earnings dropp 75% in 4 days after the new rollout of the design. Anyone else drop like that? Earnings went way up for 6 months then plummeted after new roll out. Thanks

1. Sam Dreiberg profile image86
      Sam Dreibergposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Yes.. Even i noticed the same.. For the same amount of views, I am getting less money...

2. chef-de-jour profile image90
      chef-de-jourposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Check out the other forums for much more detail - drop in views/earnings could be due to Google update Fred, based around some spammy ads on certain niche sites.

2. makingamark profile image69
    makingamarkposted 6 months ago

It's not just spammy ads - it's a lot more than that

http://searchengineland.com/googles-fre … ers-271165

weezyschannelposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I just went to the link and I read the information, but I can't add any ants as HubPages does that and I don't have any spare me links on my Pagesâš‘    My number one hub on dentures is actually like it 98% for the rating, and I was making almost 2 bucks a day just on that one no I got down to $.30!!  It's seem to happen the exact same time  hubpages  just changed their site.  Anyone else might have an explanation? I'm sure some of my other hubs aren't that great in fact I know they are, but I do know my denture hub gets a lot of hits every day -  usually around 1000 or more

weezyschannelposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Oh dear Lord! I do know how to spell!! I swear! My iPhone types what it wants and I didn't double check because it wasn't on a hub. Sorry!

2. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Interesting article. One thing I notice about the example sites that were hit that he had a link to in the article is that they had ads above the fold. That is an immediate no-no these days. The other thing I was thinking is that Google needs to find a way to reward sites that do have good content. They don't in my case. My least trafficked site is my main site that has detailed information on the subject from an expert (me). I mean Google needs to not just punish people but also actually make it easier for those with good sites to get traffic and not just expect us to figure out how to play around with keywords; in fact, they penalize people for playing around with keywords too much. It would be nice if Google was not the only search engine in town, then they wouldn't be so smug about how they control the dice.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 months ago

Google is working on the level of the site more than the page. So what matters is more the quality of the average hub, rather than specifically of your hubs.

4. Jesse Drzal profile image88
    Jesse Drzalposted 6 months ago

I see sometimes less than stellar hubs in the related section on the niche sites. Hubs that start out with four big blocky bad images, amazon littered hubs that look spammy..how is this seen by the eyes of Big G?

5. Janellegems profile image45
    Janellegemsposted 6 months ago

Yes. My earnings drastically dropped as well.  Not to happy about it.

6. Beggen profile image60
    Beggenposted 6 months ago

i got the same problem unfortunatey ! sad

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Not surprising - you only just joined today.

7. Beggen profile image60
    Beggenposted 6 months ago

smile

8. Bedbugabscond profile image91
    Bedbugabscondposted 6 months ago

Healdove is the Hubpages niche site that was hit by 'fred'. Honestly, I am not surprised it was that site. I imagine anything to do with health is held to particularly high standards. Health is no place to put revenue over readers.

Are you seeing your lost revenue on healdove?

Paul Edmondson already answered these questions in the other thread. I know no one is happy about this, but the team is aware and investigating how to improve.

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/140 … k-a-tumble

I want to add that I never panic on day two or three of a new algo update. It can take up to two weeks to see the final impact of new rollouts.

working