jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub based on WordPress speed optimization.

1. Dzejkejj profile image74
    Dzejkejjposted 8 months ago

Hi there,
    Can someone help me with my hub, because they didn't tell me straight reason why they deny my hub. Can someone tell me what is wrong with it? This is it https://hubpages.com/technology/WordPre … timization

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
      DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Your main problems seem to be poor English grammar, and somewhat incoherent content that jumps around, instead of focusing on a single topic.

If your aim is to simply show how to use WordPress, the content should stick to its features, learning curve, and some of the most useful plug-ins that are available. Don't try to cover all of them.

If your intent is to speak of blogging, stick to that; if your intent is to speak of business uses, stick to that.  Don't try to cram all of it into a single Hub.

You can split those items into three separate Hubs.  That will do two things for you:  1) give you more Hubs in your portfolio, which increases your credibility with Hub Pages, and 2) make your Hubs stand out as complete articles on a single aspect of the platform, for better readability.

You do want to focus also on fixing the grammar.  To do that, if you don't fully understand English grammar, (don't feel bad:  many native speakers also struggle with this), you can copy and paste your text into a utility such as Grammarly.  (https://www.grammarly.com). 

Best wishes.

2. theraggededge profile image99
    theraggededgeposted 8 months ago

Further to the advice given by DzyMsLzzy, I'd also point out that you haven't written the article to the title. I can't see any reference to speed optimization other than one video. People search for keyword phrases, which bring up results based on article titles. If you are offering Wordpress Speed Optimization, then you should write about that topic only. Otherwise, you should change the title to reflect the actual content.

3. Dzejkejj profile image74
    Dzejkejjposted 8 months ago

Thank you so much, I'll try to fix this problems.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
      DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months agoin reply to this

..."these problems." 

If would be "this" if there were only one problem:  "I'll try to fix this problem."  You are saying more than one problem, so the plural takes a different form: "I'll try to fix these problems."

You are having difficulty with verb-subject agreement, and tenses.  That is why I suggested using Grammarly.  It will catch those items for you

working