jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can you use some else's photos on facebook if they ask you to?

1. bbanks27 profile image83
    bbanks27posted 5 months ago

I need to clarify this topic. I was told by hub pages that I can use someone else's photos on facebook if they give me permission to or if they want me to. Is this true, yes or no? What is your opinion?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 months ago in reply to this

You can use photos from any place as long as you have permission to do so from the photographer.  The problem with Facebook is that the person posting photos may not be the photographer, in which case you can be sued for plagiarism.

You are better off to use public domain photos or take your own, but no matter where you get your photos, always credit them properly.

2. bbanks27 profile image83

These people messaged me personally with their photos. They told me what camera they used, resolution, and lenses. Thank you for clarifying.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Actually, Hub Pages does not look into image copyright/plagiarism when approving hubs to be featured or moved to niche sites. They only make sure the images are not pixelated. However, as TT2 points out, you should only use images you have permission to use as you do not want to get into legal trouble.

3. bbanks27 profile image83

Thank you for clarifying!

working